"Dei plena sunt omnia" SAB arrangement for solo guitar (Gp5, Gp4, midi) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : "Dei plena sunt omnia" SAB arrangement for solo guitar (Gp5, Gp4, midi) C4C

Madz
04-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Since solo acoustic arrangements are getting popular again on this forum, I might as well post one of mine. This was originally a study on chromaticism for my local choir, which I ended up transforming into an actual piece. I chose a smaller SAB group, partly because the tenor is simply not needed here, although some of the notes are rather low for the alto voice, and some splits of this exact voice are needed. After performing it a few times, Ive had the idea of arranging this for solo guitar. This is a simple cleanup of the version I got while importing this from Sibelius.

Ive cleaned up the tab into the positions I like to play, but because of individual preference, Ive set it up to show the notes only. Feel free to set it to tab display, though, if you want my recommendations. Also, please be aware that this piece is only 17 bars long, because I did only import the main theme and not the minor modifications because of the lyrics in the further repeats of the choir. Im thinking of using this little piece as the interlude between some verses, to get a little variation.

I will C4C, the more you write, the more I write back. As usually, this piece is not intended for RSE, so please listen to it in midi.

Edit: On a second thought, this is actually a little bit short to crit, so I guess its probably just an interresting listen.

frankibo
04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I like it, but I don't really know what else to say, I have no idea how to crit a piece like this. It was enjoyable and the chromaticism added a certain level of intrigue which I liked. Obviously I don't want C4C, just letting you know I enjoyed it.

Life Is Brutal
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
The first two bars remind me of another classical piece that I can't name. :haha:

Bars 3-8 have an interesting theme, and I liked the main theme from 9 onwards. Not too much more to say on a piece made of only 17 bars. I could go way deep into it and dissect your counter points and resolves, but if its not broken, don't fix it. :shrug:

Good piece, and I could see this as a choir arrangement.

Mine is also a piece that focuses on classical chromaticism.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435617

amonamarthmetal
05-01-2011, 01:20 AM
is it me or does it have a jewish sound to it? if that makes sense. i liked it though, make it longer.

Geldin
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I like it. While it's really short, it has a real identity to it. It reminds me a great deal of Klezmer music, which is essentially a meeting point between old-fashioned Jewish-Eastern European folk music and modern contemporary music. The chromatics give it a very distinct feel that isn't quite exotic, but isn't quite normal, safe western music.

Like Life said, I guess I could go more in depth with it, but I honestly don't think anything needs changing. This is an interesting, slightly quirky piece, and it delivers an interesting identity in the space of 17 bars while so many modern songs fail to find identity in a 3 minute time frame.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435490

actaderock
05-02-2011, 09:59 PM
yeah, it was interesting listening to it, but i have nothing more to say