Just want to vent some anger

PDA

View Full Version : Just want to vent some anger

SinlessOrc
05-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I wanted to book tickets to see Slash ft Myles Kennedy in Manchester on July 21st but they went on sale at 9am and it was a school day for me. I have had this problem in the past but have always been able to get tickets for gigs by the time I get home. But this time I got home at about 4pm only to find the event completely sold out and the only place selling tickets was GetMeIn.com, a "ticket resale website" run by Ticketmaster. This so-called legitimate website was selling tickets with a face value of 32.50 in groups of 7 or 8 for anything between 65 and 220, which is quite frankly extortionate. Anyway, this got me thinking: Is it right for a respected ticket vendor to be encouraging what is basically ticket touting, a problem which is despised by music fans all over the world? Post your opinions below and if anyone knows where I can actually get decent Slash tickets for the real price can you let me know.

asator
05-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't care.

SinlessOrc
05-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't care.
Yeah really helpful asshole

Joshua1207
05-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Slash sucks so its all good.

Yoda_is_real
05-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Stairway scare, Dan Dare who's there?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WOO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO!

nashawa
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I wanted to book tickets to see Slash ft Myles Kennedy in Manchester on July 21st but they went on sale at 9am and it was a school day for me. I have had this problem in the past but have always been able to get tickets for gigs by the time I get home. But this time I got home at about 4pm only to find the event completely sold out and the only place selling tickets was GetMeIn.com, a "ticket resale website" run by Ticketmaster. This so-called legitimate website was selling tickets with a face value of 32.50 in groups of 7 or 8 for anything between 65 and 220, which is quite frankly extortionate. Anyway, this got me thinking: Is it right for a respected ticket vendor to be encouraging what is basically ticket touting, a problem which is despised by music fans all over the world? Post your opinions below and if anyone knows where I can actually get decent Slash tickets for the real price can you let me know.
OMG! This is breaking news and you're the first person to have ever experienced this!

No one cares.

asator
05-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah really helpful asshole
Thanks! I actually thought I was being quite facetious, but that's awesome that I managed to help you without trying to :) Glad to help man!