Health benefits - Frozen vs Fresh Berries?

PDA

View Full Version : Health benefits - Frozen vs Fresh Berries?

jack007
05-23-2011, 01:07 PM
So I'm a complete berry-head. I love all types of berries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and my all-time favorite, red raspberries. Unfortunately, most berries, excluding strawberries and pretty dang expensive. I eat berries literally by the handful, so a $4 4oz container of raspberries will be gone in less than 5 minutes. So for all the more exotic berries (black and rasp respectfully), I buy them frozen, which is remarkably cheaper. I can get a pound of rasp/blackberries for $2.50 compared to $3-5 for 1/4 pound of fresh berries.

Do the berries lose any nutritional value after being frozen? Do they still retain the same beneficial health qualities about them? I really like the idea of antioxidants and how beneficial they are (or are theorized to be). It seems like fruit is really almost a miracle food, its great for you and taste better than ANY junk food/candy out there. I mean... the TRY to replicate the flavor, so why not just skip the sugar crap and get the real thing!

+++++++++++++++
Deutsch Spanisch Uebersetzung (http://westeuropa.etranslationservice.com)
search engine optimisation services (http://www.seomediasite.com)

Reaper/chaos
05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Dude... what the hell is with you and freezing berries? cmon man! Just take a canister of berries, and stuff your little berry loving head into it!

Berries do not = music!
Tho yes they are quite good... i must agree, but you should have started the ultimate munchies forum or sumthing!

Silent Murder
05-23-2011, 01:14 PM
so... jack007
I heard you like berries.

Reaper/chaos
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
ok wtf?!?! Are ****ing berries taking over the world?!?!! (dont answer that)

BK202
05-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Lol. Dear Reapre/chaos, are you dumb?

due 07
05-24-2011, 07:15 PM
I like the cranberries.

Venice King
05-24-2011, 07:19 PM
:haha:

Reaper/chaos
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Lol. Dear Reapre/chaos, are you dumb?

Ok first things first... my name is REAPER! and if you ask a question like that.... ok... look at your post... One: you spelled my name wrong when its like 2 posts below your own, Two: you ask if im dumb?!?!? What kind of a question is that??? and Three: You actually bothered to waste your time trying to insult me... im sorry bud but, i dont give a crap if some little fart on his computer has a problem with the way i post and decides he is going to insult me when i dont even know him... dont waste my time.

BK202
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I just don't understand how you can't tell when the OP is an automated response. Was it some sort of attempt at humor? If it was, I'm pretty sure it fell flat for most of us. Why are you criticizing my spelling? You have no sense of proper grammar, at all. Seriously, learn to use apostrophes, and capitalization is a legitimate thing, I'm not sure if you've been informed.

The question, "Are you dumb?" is a perfectly legitimate question, considering that you could not differentiate between troll posts and real ones, and your responses lack coherence.

You actually bothered to waste your time writing a response, if you really didn't care if some "little fart" on a computer insulted you or not, you would not have taken time to write out such a lengthy paragraph of response.

Thanks for playing, consolation prizes are on your way out.

Cianyx
05-27-2011, 05:37 AM
From the dark depths of the rotting pit of hell, i rise to find my next victim. slowly creeping, crawling, scouring each filthy little hole in which you reside, i will find you. Blood pours from my gaping mouth as i devour you very soul, as i crawl the walls of your very sanity. I am the Reaper.

As women and children scream blood boiling melodies, creating a beautiful, dark symphony of horror, i rise to the skies. The very earth catches fire as i sing the song that ends all life. I am Reaper.