Searching 'bandname'

PDA

View Full Version : Searching 'bandname'

Abrofkuv
06-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone,

Me and 2 friends will make covers to put on youtube but we don't know a very good name to use! We know it isn't necessary but we would like it if we have it :p

We shall play hardcore - metal covers.

So if you guys have any ideas let me know please :D

Oh btw we'd should like to have a name that's funny and/or sounds familiar or something. We thought that a name with "I" or "We' in a sentence (or something) should be nice.

But we don't care if it is something completely others.

We hope we find a good name in your answers.

Many greetz!

(my English isn't very good! I'm from Belgium)

BK202
06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
We Am Generic.

lookpizza
06-02-2011, 10:35 PM
I am an expert in these kind of things and will of course help you think of a fantastic name, but first, you must tell me what sort of hardcore songs you intend to cover.

Abrofkuv
06-03-2011, 05:56 AM
We would play covers of "Asking Alexandria", "The Demonstration" and maybe make our own songs!

Our first cover will be "Alerion" and "Bad Romance (Metal Version)".

But the genre would be: hardcore - metalcore - metal

I know this are very different genres but we do it just for fun and to know if we maybe would play concerts after a while. And each of us likes some different genres. I like mostly the (trash-,heavy-,power-,...) metal (-core), rock genres but my other friends like mostly the hardcore genres.

One thing is sure! We won't play emo/screamo songs.

But we're searching for a singer so we can make covers of Metallica, Volbeat, Judas Priest,...

We have already a screamer. I hope you know enough but don't hesitate to ask something.
I hope you've got some nice ideas!

Greetz!

EndTheRapture51
06-03-2011, 10:26 AM
We would play covers of "Asking Alexandria", "The Demonstration" and maybe make our own songs!

Asking Alexandria aren't hardcore. They are also shit and your career will be over before you start if you cover them.

smb
06-03-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138253

lookpizza
06-03-2011, 12:58 PM

I know this are very different genres but we do it just for fun and to know if we maybe would play concerts after a while. And each of us likes some different genres. I like mostly the (trash-,heavy-,power-,...) metal (-core), rock genres but my other friends like mostly the hardcore genres.

But we're searching for a singer so we can make covers of Metallica, Volbeat, Judas Priest,...

We have already a screamer. I hope you know enough but don't hesitate to ask something.

Greetz!
If you are covering those songs you are not hardcore or metalcore at all. I am not an expert on watered down shitty metal. So I will not be helping pick a fantastic band name.

due 07
06-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Such a great opportunity... wasted.

blake1221
06-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Greetz!

Swing and a miss.

Joshua1207
06-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Call you guys "The Cover Art". I'm actually really surprised that band name hasn't been used before.

BK202
06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
You say you're Belgian?

The Waffles.

due 07
06-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I have some good band names that aren't being used.

The Charlie Sheen Experience
The Wonder Breads (Wonder Years cover band)
The Lobsters. I'm sure it's been taken, so maybe The Rock Lobsters.

Feel free to use any of those^.

nashawa
06-04-2011, 01:09 AM
I have some good band names that aren't being used.

The Charlie Sheen Experience
The Wonder Breads (Wonder Years cover band)
The Lobsters. I'm sure it's been taken, so maybe The Rock Lobsters.

Feel free to use any of those^.
I was in a band called Wonder Bred once.

due 07
06-04-2011, 01:39 AM
I was in a band called Wonder Bred once.Small world. Dammit.

You should have called yourselves 'Wunderbred', it could have been like a play on the word 'wunderkind'. Or maybe WŁnder BrŽd or something. Could have been badass.

nashawa
06-04-2011, 01:55 PM
We thought about it, we figured it was dumb.

due 07
06-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Pfft, yeah, obviously. That's why I was definitely joking.