when is rock gonna take over again

PDA

View Full Version : when is rock gonna take over again

sora0156
06-27-2011, 04:05 PM
all you hear about is rap hip hop and pop blah blah lil wayne drake blah blah blah katy perry on the tv and all that junk. Will rock ever reclaim the throne or will we have to wait a good 100 years.

Deathro
06-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Idk? Maybe if you get off your butt and start making rock and it will come back. Because all the great rock and roll stars are either dead or really old and nobody has stepped up to take the torch

lookpizza
06-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Rock sucks.

MrPrez
06-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Nope, it never will. There will be a few "radio bands" but good ol' rock with quality instrumentals and all that will become further and further from popularity as kids grow up with pop and rap blasting out the speakers. I rate there will always be rock fans, but they will be a minority.

alkalineweeman
06-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I'd bet you'd be first to complain when teeny boppers start listening to bands you like and screaming sell out.

Let the masses have the disposable crap that's made for them and turn off the radio if you don't like it.

I remember quite well in the early 2000's when Nu-Metal took over the charts and very rarely did i hear a "metal head" say anything good about the whole thing.

Do you really want these kids buying up all the tickets to shows you wanna go to?

Baby Joel
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM
How about you turn off the radio and find music you like, instead of complaining and degrading other people's taste in music?

neidnarb11890
06-27-2011, 05:23 PM
When is ragtime gonna take over again, that's the real question.

Jazz Funeral
06-27-2011, 06:39 PM
I haven't listened to the radio, intentionally, in fifteen years or so. There's plenty of rock out there, but you can't rely on the masses to show you anything. Look for yourself. Check out some Jambands maybe, a lot of those guys still carry a good Rock torch.

Here's a few newer Rock bands:

The Auctioneers
The London Souls
American Minor
Ben Harper and Relentless7
Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio
The Dexateens
The Dirty Guv'nahs
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Howlin' Rain
Mother Hips
Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons
Stockholm Syndrome
Leroy Justice
Lucero

There are plenty of new(er) bands that "Rock", just stay away from the radio, by all means necessary.

BK202
06-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Finally, someone's searching for real answers.

TheReverend724
06-28-2011, 12:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-Oj2QgzYw

Meelad360
06-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Can we just have this thread deleted as well as sora0156's account?

BK202
06-28-2011, 12:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz-Oj2QgzYw
That was the best thing I've ever seen on Youtube.

Dpullam
06-28-2011, 12:57 AM
There already is good rock if you know where to look.

sora0156
06-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Can we just have this thread deleted as well as sora0156's account?

lol who is this chump

nashawa
06-28-2011, 01:16 PM
We could say the same of you.

lookpizza
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
lol who is this chump
Lol who is this chump?

westley23j
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Sadly, probably never. As the world gets stupified by reality tv and constant news about whether or not the momma killed te baby, their attention span shrinks and they NEED music that lasts about 3:30-3:45 so their head doesnt explode. That leaves very little room for real musicianship and originality. Something that modern musicians are striving for. With that said, will rock DIE? No, but it will never be as prominent as it once was.

nashawa
06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Sadly, probably never. As the world gets stupified by reality tv and constant news about whether or not the momma killed te baby, their attention span shrinks and they NEED music that lasts about 3:30-3:45 so their head doesnt explode. That leaves very little room for real musicianship and originality. Something that modern musicians are striving for. With that said, will rock DIE? No, but it will never be as prominent as it once was.
You my least favourite kind of person.

westley23j
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Why is that? Do you like reality tv?

BK202
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
It's funny, because you're part of the world too.

You're dumb.

westley23j
06-29-2011, 01:18 PM
I AM part of this world. Youre right. But i dont watch reality tv. And the music i prefer is MUCH longer than 3 minutes.

neidnarb11890
06-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, 'cuz rock music is some pretty highbrow stuff.

BK202
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I AM part of this world. Youre right. But i dont watch reality tv. And the music i prefer is MUCH longer than 3 minutes.
Just because music you like is longer than 3 minutes, it doesn't mean it has more musical talent or merit to be "true music". I've heard songs that are 30 seconds long with emotion and talent beyond most rock music.

You're dumb, and you should feel bad.

Meelad360
06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
lol who is this chump

Real dad, fake dad, etc etc

IommiPage
06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Ehhh, I didn't think it will, or want it to come back in it's original form. As much as I love Zeppelin and whatever, it's not going to back to prominence in that state. Music has to be constantly evolving and moving forward. That's why I think a lot of the Top 40 stuff is on it's way out of popularity. That forumla's been so overused, eventually it will be replaced. By straight-forward rock? Probably not, we've already been there, it'd be boring to come back. Plus there's no space for it to grow, really. It's a genre that's already been championed by a bunch of bands. Besides, aren't the Black Keys or White Stripes quite popular? They influenced by the same guys that all those classic rock bands were, and they're making good music in this decade. It's not gone, but it's not going to "take over" again. There are still plenty of bands out there playing like Deep Purple, go find them if you're sick of Ke$ha (who I believe is also really into rock).

westley23j
06-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Just because music you like is longer than 3 minutes, it doesn't mean it has more musical talent or merit to be "true music". I've heard songs that are 30 seconds long with emotion and talent beyond most rock music.

You're dumb, and you should feel bad.

Keep drinking your HATERADE. It is just my opinion on why rock music will never be in the limelight anymore. I could be right, i could be wrong. Do you ever see a song like "November Rain" be as successful in todays day and age? Nope. Too long.

slashermaster
06-29-2011, 06:12 PM
its sad to say rock can only stay alive for so long. and also if its gone for 100 years it probably wont come back

smb
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Do you ever see a song like "November Rain" be as successful in todays day and age? Nope. Too long.Too shit more like

I hope it dies and stays dead. Guitars are so samey

blake1221
06-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Because shorter songs can't possibly have the same merit, solely because they do not reach a certain time threshold.

bradulator
06-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Shit on the radio has always been generic. *majority of 80s music* Popular music is more or less the same thing over and over again basically. "classic rock" gets pretty generic too. Quit being a baby, find your own music, the radio won't find it for you.

theogonia777
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
they NEED music that lasts about 3:30-3:45 so their head doesnt explode. That leaves very little room for real musicianship and originality.

3:30-3:45 leaves little room for musicianship or creativity?

here's a short list of some people and bands who would disagree:

Earl Scruggs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APl9fRFmdC0)
Origin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1IB04H210)
The Ramones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQb9sWuWFqU)
Moonsorrow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZBJC1zlzfE)
Bill Monroe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4syA9aNnNa0)
Jimmy Bryant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szCEDTG8RSE)
Buckethead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpsIjsQPEQ)
Nirvana (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YyDg9tT0Vw)
John Coltrane (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Hn8VEE-rE)
Racer X (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7pxsQhTaws)

asator
06-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Keep drinking your HATERADE. It is just my opinion on why rock music will never be in the limelight anymore. I could be right, i could be wrong. Do you ever see a song like "November Rain" be as successful in todays day and age? Nope. Too long.
So if I was to take a pop song and add another 5 verses, bringing it up to around 6 minutes or so, would it be a better song? No, it would be worse off because it would be repetative.

You're an idiot and most modern pop songwriters are far more creative and talented than your beloved classic rock bands.

Furthermore, I put it to you, sir, that you are adopted and I fucked your real dad.

Sincerely, Manterby.

lookpizza
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM

..and with good reason. G&R is ****ing terrible, and November Rain is among their worst songs. Your opinions on music suck.

turncoat60%
06-29-2011, 08:14 PM

no dont listen to these lady gaga lovers you're right. hell i skip the intro and outro to animals because they are under 2 minutes long. under 2 minutes! why write a song if you cant make it longer than 2 minutes. you know what im saying brother?

lookpizza
06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Lady Gaga > classic rock

turncoat60%
06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
sorry

xevious1
06-29-2011, 08:27 PM
who cares if it takes over, do you enjoy it less just because other people don't enjoy it?

asator
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
For the record, Lady Gaga's latest single is 5 and a half minutes long. Just sayin.

nashawa
06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Furthermore, I put it to you, sir, that you are adopted and I fucked your real dad.

Sincerely, Manterby.
A new twist on an old classic!

sora0156
06-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Lady Gaga > classic rock

and your opinion just went out the window

turncoat60%
06-29-2011, 08:55 PM
i pretty sure his opinion is still in that quote inside your post....

nashawa
06-29-2011, 09:00 PM
You like classic rock. You never had a valid opinion to begin with.

asator
06-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Actually, you're out numbered by people who agree with him. Your opinion just went out the window.

theogonia777
06-29-2011, 09:32 PM

just because he disagrees with you, his opinion is invalid?

oops... guess i forgot that your opinion is obviously fact, my mistake.

seriously though, Lady Gaga at least tries to be different and creative (to an extent).

how many classic rock musicians are there that sounded exactly the same?