Hypoxia's New Song (Brutal Slamming Death Metal)(GP6/GP5/GP4/MIDI/MP3)

PDA

View Full Version : Hypoxia's New Song (Brutal Slamming Death Metal)(GP6/GP5/GP4/MIDI/MP3)

Ometh
08-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Just finished up this beast. Written again on GP6, just to get the hang of it, and I'm slowly getting faster at it. Also, there is nothing better than listening to some palm muted slams on it, the guitars sound brutal as hell. I recommend listening to the MP3 if you don't have GP6, as MIDI or the shitty GP5 RSE doesn't do it justice. C4C is applied here. Hope you enjoy. Also, this is one of those songs that I'm not looking for insight in the structure and all, I just want to know if it's fun to listen to, since we all know slam is just about that: slams and all, mindnumbing brutality.
Here's the link for the MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/?sgzkz34axrdkndh
EDIT: Please refer to the version in the 5th post, the song has been updated due to reasons stated in the same post.

GU5T4V
08-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Intro: br00tal as intended, of course. I expect some menacing growl that follows the guitar here - without that, it would get boring.

Next riff: Heavy and slow riffage with intense drumming (incase you hadn't noticed...) However, the trade-off into the

Tremolo riff: is very nice and this riff is quality stuff. I like how it subtly (well, for slamming death) changes into a completely different riff that is even better. Anyway, I know it's MIDI and all, but hell it makes me pumped.

3/4 part: Well, this is so low I can barely make out any melody or anything. Sounds a lot better in the power chord version of it. br00tal as hell when the tempo slows to a crawl. The last part before it changes back to 4/4 leaves a lot to be desired though, I'd skip it, but hey it's up to you. Feels like just random power chords with insane, almost impossible blast beats.

It resolves nicely with the return to the intro. Good job!

Now for what it is, I'd give it a 6-7/10 - I'm not stunned, but the 15 years old little lad in me woke up, with an unsatisfiable need to mosh. And I guess that was what you aimed for :)

Ometh
08-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Intro: br00tal as intended, of course. I expect some menacing growl that follows the guitar here - without that, it would get boring.

Next riff: Heavy and slow riffage with intense drumming (incase you hadn't noticed...) However, the trade-off into the

Tremolo riff: is very nice and this riff is quality stuff. I like how it subtly (well, for slamming death) changes into a completely different riff that is even better. Anyway, I know it's MIDI and all, but hell it makes me pumped.

3/4 part: Well, this is so low I can barely make out any melody or anything. Sounds a lot better in the power chord version of it. br00tal as hell when the tempo slows to a crawl. The last part before it changes back to 4/4 leaves a lot to be desired though, I'd skip it, but hey it's up to you. Feels like just random power chords with insane, almost impossible blast beats.

It resolves nicely with the return to the intro. Good job!

Now for what it is, I'd give it a 6-7/10 - I'm not stunned, but the 15 years old little lad in me woke up, with an unsatisfiable need to mosh. And I guess that was what you aimed for :)
Thanks for the crit! Anything you want me to crit? Also, don't worry about the vocals, I wrote the song, but it's going to be played by someone else, and I like to mix up my vocals: gutturals in different pitches, growls and the occasional high scream :)

EDIT:
3/4 part: Well, this is so low I can barely make out any melody or anything. Sounds a lot better in the power chord version of it. br00tal as hell when the tempo slows to a crawl. The last part before it changes back to 4/4 leaves a lot to be desired though, I'd skip it, but hey it's up to you. Feels like just random power chords with insane, almost impossible blast beats.)
This slow slam is the same as the previous one, although it is in half the tempo lol. The insanely fast snare drumming it's not meant to be blast beats, it's called gravity blasting, and since you are swedish :p: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Z7eksx4ck

GU5T4V
08-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the crit! Anything you want me to crit? Also, don't worry about the vocals, I wrote the song, but it's going to be played by someone else, and I like to mix up my vocals: gutturals in different pitches, growls and the occasional high scream :)

EDIT:

This slow slam is the same as the previous one, although it is in half the tempo lol. The insanely fast snare drumming it's not meant to be blast beats, it's called gravity blasting, and since you are swedish :p: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Z7eksx4ck

He, I noticed that the riff stayed the same, don't worry :) (that is one insane drum lesson, by the way...)

Oh, and I've posted two more songs in my thread regarding the two-part metal song. Might check those out, they're in post #11

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467906

Ometh
08-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey guise, I decided to redo some riffs of the song, specially the second riff because, unintentionally, the second riff sounded like a slam from Postmortal Coprophagia by Devourment, and the last slam sounded like Funeral Inception by Suffocation. So here it is, and please review this one instead of the one in the first post, since that would be pointless. Here's the link for the MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/?8n93hio7q4nntru

corrda00
08-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Lovin the bass solo at bar 62 in the new one.

Its pretty brutal. Not too much to say. You pulled it off well. The drop A does seem a little unnessicary though and may get a little muddy in actual playing. But whatever floats your boat eh.

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468761

Peres.T.Peanut
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Its pretty ****ing brutal, but I'm not sure about the tunning. seems way too low. try it on C or something to see if it works, just sounds way too low. Anyway, its a good track dude, keep it up.

Ometh
08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Its pretty ****ing brutal, but I'm not sure about the tunning. seems way too low. try it on C or something to see if it works, just sounds way too low. Anyway, its a good track dude, keep it up.
I'm not the one playing it lol, and Frederik agreed with playing in this tuning. I wanted to go lower lol, Drop G, but he said that it would be too muddy, and I get it. I already have listened to a track that he wrote in A and he can pull it off, so it's okay. Liking the positive feedback on this one, if you guys want I can link you to the recorded version if Frederik agrees to record this song.

Peres.T.Peanut
08-08-2011, 07:48 PM
sure, bring it dude :D