Melodic Hardcore (A la Take it Back!, Touché Amore etc.) [GP5/4] C4C!

PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Hardcore (A la Take it Back!, Touché Amore etc.) [GP5/4] C4C!

AngrySockMonkey
08-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Long time no see. Currently, I am engulfed in this wishful solo project of mine. I'm trying to achieve a very expressive type of hardcore music, rich with melody and sublimity. It may not be the most intricate piece of music; of this I am aware. My attempts to add a little personal flavour to the often-stale genre hopefully have succeeded.

Also, no breakdowns. ;)

Thank you all, C4C as time allows of course. Drop me a link and I'll try to return a crit of equal merit!

billyydg
08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm digging it dude.

corrda00
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Great drum parts and guitar. Especailly the layered parts at bar 65.
Lovin the drums at 81.

Like that little decending bass in the 2nd riff its realy cool.

I feel like a 8th note bassline on the low C would work really well, as compared to a long note.

Also it sounds cool if you have the bass play the top notes in bar 43. So on the low C string it would be C|-3-3-2-3-|-2-3--3--7-0-|
You can try it for yourself.

Also if I really loved that lead at the begging of the song. I feel it would sound good when the theme comes back at 73. Keep what is there now but just add it back in another guitar like another layer.

Other than that great song man.

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468761

amonamarthmetal
08-08-2011, 08:28 PM
the drums are what i liked the most. i wish i could write good drum parts instead of having the kick follow the guitar rhythm and having the snare on the second/third beat.

guitar_jew
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Nice. At least with the words we're using, it sounds like we're going for something similar as far as style goes.

The intro is great- sounds like a monster stomping towards you to eat your children and rape your women. Excellent moderation in the dissonance, too. I like the drums throughout, very groovy. I don't like them cutting out at 41 though. Once they come back in, though, the rest is great. I especially liked that first melody with the echo. That was great.

I also like the outro. The two guitars sounded absolutely HUGE, even in Guitar Pro. My only suggestion would be to take the bass drums down a notch. Having them hit every eighth note is, in this instance, hurting the section more than helping it.

I'm a little sad that the bit at 41 never came back. That'd be a great section for some awesome clean vocals.

Overall I'm very impressed. Good job on this. C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468576

Mean Mr Mustard
08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I basically agree with what guitar jew said, but I don't mind bar 41. Actually, that's by far my favorite part of the song, along with the part that follows. 99 and on was pretty heavy, great outro. I thought some little lead licks would complete it overtop of the octaves and chords. As was already said, nice drums throughout.

It's good, Id like to hear some more of it, write some other songs.

synestershadows
08-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Not digging the dissonance in the intro and this, once again, sounds like melodic metalcore. Breakdowns or no, this is metalcore. I honestly see no resemblance to either band you mention in the title.

kylendm
08-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Just figured I'd crit this because there were parts I actually liked about this. Bar 41 was definitely my favorite part. And I liked how you did the slide from 12 to 3 at bar 48. That riff felt very fresh to me for some reason.

I wasn't fond of all the dissonace in the beginning but I started to get into the song when it started at bar 17.

The song ended pretty nicely with some big chords.

I really like how you added delay in here but after listening a few times I'm not sure if I really like it in this piece or not.

I got a ABR feel from this.

Mind checking either of the songs I posted on the front page?

AngrySockMonkey
08-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Not digging the dissonance in the intro and this, once again, sounds like melodic metalcore. Breakdowns or no, this is metalcore. I honestly see no resemblance to either band you mention in the title.

Breakdowns come from hardcore.

There are at least 2 riffs that nearly directly copy Take It Back!. I must have been flying high on benzo's when I mentioned Touche, but I think I instinctively wrote it because it was the type of music that inspired it? No clue.

Regardless, who the hell hired you to be the genre police? Crit the music, not people's categorization of the material.

BloodReverence
08-17-2011, 10:01 PM
The whole piece is beautiful. All the notes blended together very well. But it's almost as if it was too blended. Like you needed to step out of the box a bit more in some parts. But I do believe it's an amazingly written piece dude.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471871