HELP!!!!11! (melodeath in development, gp5)

PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!11! (melodeath in development, gp5)

Peres.T.Peanut
08-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey guys!

So I had this kind of brainstorm and started writting riffs and they sound really good to me put together. the problem I'm having now is with a transition (bar 27 till 34) it just sounds too forced because, well, it is forced. Its really bugging me and I can't seem to keep developing this before setting that part right. Should I just delete it or something? Please help :/

roney11879
08-08-2011, 08:53 PM
well you definitely should get rid of 31-34. just doing that makes it sound way better

GU5T4V
08-08-2011, 09:21 PM
The intro is okay - fairly generic progression, but hell, this kind of power/melodeath wouldn't be what it is without it. So part one should be kept as it is. Part two is pretty much just some arpeggios with a couple of tones thrown in here and there to make it more melodic - I'd say that the second guitar should play some lead here or something. Some interplay between the guitars, with one doing the arpeggios and one doing some wicked lead, is always cool.

Now for the transition, I recommend you to keep on with the fast riffing and then do some form of "downturn" musically to the new key. It is a cool key change, but as it is right now, it's handled very sloppily. Maybe use the new riff or the main riff, but before the key change, do some lead runs with a couple of accidentals and stuff to catch the listener off-guard, and then BAM! Key change! Or something. It might just sound cool to me. Anyway, hope it helps :) Oh, and I suggest you spice up the riff at 34 - it's awfully generic as it is now. I've heard it a thousand times before.

Oh, and would you mind critting one of my songs? Most of them are some form of melodeath, at least I think it is. Here's a link to the album I uploaded:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467949

Peres.T.Peanut
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the help guys, but I decided to drop this one. Will crit your songs as soon as I can mate ^^