hardcore/emo/pop-punk etc

PDA

View Full Version : hardcore/emo/pop-punk etc

Roflpwn
08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Me and the drummer of the band just finished writing this song. Its under 2 minutes long and we wanted some kind of 90's emo/hardcore feel with our own touch to it. We are only 2 members in the band (hopefully, a friend will fill the bass duties live) which means we cant go all crazy on the instruments while singing, but we are trying to keep it interesting anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Added transition and small part of song 2, updated bass.

dankhus
08-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Well not bad at all, sir, depending on how the vocals will sound like, it has the potential to be quite catchy; it ends kind of abruptly, though. Nice work, anyway :)

Mean Mr Mustard
08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Pretty good job, I'm pretty glad that this style is showing up on here more often, I love it. This song would probably sound better with another guitar behind it playing some powerchords, but if that's out of the question then I understand. The clean break was so far the weakest part of the song to me, although at bar 53, I like how the drums slow down. Maybe try to make the bass more involved in this section. Also throughout the whole song, the bass is a bit boring. If you are going for a 3 piece, then the bass parts will have to be more interesting and involved. The outro with the distortion was pretty good, but personally I'd take out the last two bars of the drum fill and just end with the guitar on a cymbal hit, sounds a lot better to me. Sounds like a decent ending too, I can imagine it sugeing right into the next part of a different track. Definitely keep up the good work man, but work on the basslines.

AngrySockMonkey
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I want a GP4.

@Mean Mr Mustard: La Dispute is my favourite band. I saw Touche Amore like last month, greatest live band I've probably ever seen (Comeback Kid was pretty sweet too though).

EDIT: Nevermind, I got my Guitar Pro worked out. Good job, the clean part is awesome and works extremely well in the song. It's simple which by all means isn't bad, but maybe a little more variation in rhythm at least once in a while would give it more zazz (I know your vocal situation makes it tough, though). Straight eighth droning has a cool effect as well though, so whatever you feel is better I suppose.

Anyways, great work with this. Keep it up!

If C4C (I can't see the title of the thread in the editing panel and I'm much too lazy to open a new tab to look at it, so here is a link anyways) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468849

Mean Mr Mustard
08-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I want a GP4.

@Mean Mr Mustard: La Dispute is my favourite band. I saw Touche Amore like last month, greatest live band I've probably ever seen (Comeback Kid was pretty sweet too though).

Yeah Touche Amore was great live, but I saw them with Title Fight, so I think they were overshadowed a bit by Title Fight's kickass performance. And if you get a chance to see La Dispute live, do it, I saw them with Defeater and that was a great ****ing show.

Sorry for derailing your thread, TS haha

Roflpwn
08-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys, im planning on making the guitars kinda ring out in the end and make a transition into the next song. Ill try to make the basslines a bit more interesting though, I didnt put too much effort into that.

Erra93
08-21-2011, 05:58 AM
I really enjoyed it, especially the bridge-thing you wrote :p