When A Demon Dies

PDA

View Full Version : When A Demon Dies

gabrielcev
08-09-2011, 05:10 PM
This a new song I made yesterday and decided to upload it today called When A Demon Dies. It's an Orchestral song. Final Fantasy music inspired me to make this song. Please share your opinions I would to hear them. I also will C4C. Any if anyone can help me do drums it will be very appreciated. There's drums in there but I muted them almost because they're terrible. Well enjoy.

Emperor's Child
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
That definetely has a strong Final Fantasy vibe, I listen to a fair bit of video game music myself (although Mostly Platformers).

It was actually quite good, and definetely sounded like something to do with demons or evil monsters, which is the most important thing with the video game music. One thing I didn't like though was the intro "Entrance To Hell", the lead notes just sounded too off scale. I also think other parts could benefit from 're-jigging' of time signatures (3/4 might work nicely in parts).

Otherwise it was wonderful (maybe you should replace drums with timpani or something?)

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469186

gabrielcev
08-09-2011, 05:36 PM
That definetely has a strong Final Fantasy vibe, I listen to a fair bit of video game music myself (although Mostly Platformers).

It was actually quite good, and definetely sounded like something to do with demons or evil monsters, which is the most important thing with the video game music. One thing I didn't like though was the intro "Entrance To Hell", the lead notes just sounded too off scale. I also think other parts could benefit from 're-jigging' of time signatures (3/4 might work nicely in parts).

Otherwise it was wonderful (maybe you should replace drums with timpani or something?)

C4C?

The beginning is supposed to sound horrible it's the entrance to hell. Good advice tho I might tweak the time signatures maybe it'll improve it.

Oh yes C4C!

gabrielcev
08-09-2011, 09:55 PM

C4C?

C4C of course.

gabrielcev
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM

C4C?

Done.

Emperor's Child
08-10-2011, 05:47 PM
There's nothing there?

gabrielcev
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
There's nothing there?
my bad.

MattyBoy 1337
08-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Critting yours because you critted mine!

I believe I can see the video game influence here, but unfortunately it appears to be masked by the fact that the sum of all the tracks sounds more like a cacophony to me. (Maybe it's just because of bad laptop speakers). I do like the parts where there is less going on though. I'll give it a more honest listen later on.

Also, for an orchestral piece, I feel if focuses very little on traditional orchestral instruments and more on more a metal instrumentation tbh.