Neoclassic Piano Piece (MP3/GPX)

PDA

View Full Version : Neoclassic Piano Piece (MP3/GPX)

Ometh
08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi guys, this time I bring you a neoclassic piano piece I wrote, again due to boredom. I can't post the GP5 or the MIDI for two reasons:
- When i export the MIDI, the piano doesn't ring out, making it seem lame, I can't seem to fix this problem
- It also got messed up when I exported the GP5 version, missing notes and having an overall ****ed up layout.
I hope this won't limit the number of crits, since it takes 2 minutes to download the RAR and listen to the MP3 if you don't have GP6, which I know most of you guys don't have.
Here's the link for the MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/?r43svtcl2faw6qw

GU5T4V
08-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Okay, I'm listening to the MP3, which means that it will be hard for me to give any tips regarding composition, and so forth, since well, I can't see how its composed :haha:

Regarding the piece at whole, it is impressive. Very expressive, with all the tastefully laid out changes in tempo and fine-tuned dynamics. I can see a lot of work have been put into this. Having listened to some of the br00tal songs you've posted here, I can easily say that this here is my favorite. I don't know if it's possible to combine classical piano work with slamming death metal though - if you succeed, then post it here for us to hear - I think it would sound epic :haha:

But seriously though, you have a feeling for this. Keep it up!

L2112Lif
08-10-2011, 08:17 AM
I unfortunately bought GP6. >.<

At Measure 26 I really hear a dominant or diminished chord being played rather than holding every tone that was just played with the pedal, so I went and added an E in myself.

Bars 17-25 look too complex in both hands, at this speed a performer needs both hands in order to accomplish some of the runs notated, but the left hand is busy playing a fairly difficult bassline. Simplify one, your best bet is to remove some of the bass notes because they clutter the space up a ton, especially with a piano that's either got the sustain pedal down the whole time, or has a ton of reverb on it.

I really like the rhythmic part you start at measure 27.

The runs at 52 are pretty cool. Far slower than the difficult part, which I found odd. These runs can easily be one-handed.

Oh, and I found the fermatta button and stuck one on the last chord. It was far too abrupt for me after having this flowing piece. Maybe if you had written it as a minuet I could deal, but I really needed that to be longer, personally.

With the exception of that A changed to an E, and the added fermatta I didn't make any changes that would alter the musicality of the piece, but I do strongly suggest that you check that faster tempo section and discard anything in either hand that is unnecessary, and simplify what is happening in the bass hand during the runs in that section.

amonamarthmetal
08-10-2011, 09:08 AM
i like it.

Ometh
08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Okay, I'm listening to the MP3, which means that it will be hard for me to give any tips regarding composition, and so forth, since well, I can't see how its composed :haha:

Regarding the piece at whole, it is impressive. Very expressive, with all the tastefully laid out changes in tempo and fine-tuned dynamics. I can see a lot of work have been put into this. Having listened to some of the br00tal songs you've posted here, I can easily say that this here is my favorite. I don't know if it's possible to combine classical piano work with slamming death metal though - if you succeed, then post it here for us to hear - I think it would sound epic :haha:

But seriously though, you have a feeling for this. Keep it up!
Nah man, I won't use this with Hypoxia, it would feel weird. Hypoxia is an Internet project i have with a dude I met over the Internet: I also have a real band with a friend of mine, and we have already written a shitload of material, and I was thinking of using this as an interlude/outro. It's a more classic style of Death Metal, but our influences range from Thrash Metal to modern Death Metal, so we have everything from Melodeath riffing, to furious bomb blasts and some grindy parts. We have a song almost finished, that combines the melodic aspect of his writing with the brutality of mine, and it turned out great (still stuck in a solo though). Will post it when I'm done, if you want I can link you to it. Glad you liked it, :peace:
EDIT:
I unfortunately bought GP6. >.<

At Measure 26 I really hear a dominant or diminished chord being played rather than holding every tone that was just played with the pedal, so I went and added an E in myself.

Bars 17-25 look too complex in both hands, at this speed a performer needs both hands in order to accomplish some of the runs notated, but the left hand is busy playing a fairly difficult bassline. Simplify one, your best bet is to remove some of the bass notes because they clutter the space up a ton, especially with a piano that's either got the sustain pedal down the whole time, or has a ton of reverb on it.

I really like the rhythmic part you start at measure 27.

The runs at 52 are pretty cool. Far slower than the difficult part, which I found odd. These runs can easily be one-handed.

Oh, and I found the fermatta button and stuck one on the last chord. It was far too abrupt for me after having this flowing piece. Maybe if you had written it as a minuet I could deal, but I really needed that to be longer, personally.

With the exception of that A changed to an E, and the added fermatta I didn't make any changes that would alter the musicality of the piece, but I do strongly suggest that you check that faster tempo section and discard anything in either hand that is unnecessary, and simplify what is happening in the bass hand during the runs in that section.
I'm sorry, but this post a complete mind**** to me, since:
- I don't know any musical theory :haha:
- I never played piano in my life :haha:
Seems like nice advice, wich is a shame unfortunately lol
EDIT2: Only skimmed though the post, this is only mildly playable, but that's ok, because I think I never knew and probably will never know someone capable of playing this :haha:

GU5T4V
08-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Nah man, I won't use this with Hypoxia, it would feel weird. Hypoxia is an Internet project i have with a dude I met over the Internet: I also have a real band with a friend of mine, and we have already written a shitload of material, and I was thinking of using this as an interlude/outro. It's a more classic style of Death Metal, but our influences range from Thrash Metal to modern Death Metal, so we have everything from Melodeath riffing, to furious bomb blasts and some grindy parts. We have a song almost finished, that combines the melodic aspect of his writing with the brutality of mine, and it turned out great (still stuck in a solo though). Will post it when I'm done, if you want I can link you to it. Glad you liked it, :peace:

Sure, I'm looking forward to hearing how it might turn out.

And actually, I would love to hear a combo of classical piano and brutal death metal - ah well, guess I'm going to have to write it myself then.

L2112Lif
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry, but this post a complete mind**** to me, since:
- I don't know any musical theory :haha:
- I never played piano in my life :haha:
Seems like nice advice, wich is a shame unfortunately lol
EDIT2: Only skimmed though the post, this is only mildly playable, but that's ok, because I think I never knew and probably will never know someone capable of playing this :haha:

I know someone who's incredibly good (Lucky me, I may need keyboard stuff done) and who would totally be able to do the melody, but the bass makes it quite impossible.

If it was arranged for piano/cello, you could totally have the cello take the lowest bass notes and have the piano only worry about the first bass note and the runs.

EDIT: And this is pretty good for not knowing music theory, its good to have an ear for music before learning the building blocks.

Ometh
08-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I know someone who's incredibly good (Lucky me, I may need keyboard stuff done) and who would totally be able to do the melody, but the bass makes it quite impossible.

If it was arranged for piano/cello, you could totally have the cello take the lowest bass notes and have the piano only worry about the first bass note and the runs.
But those two parts could be played in separate pianos, like, if it was recorded, someone could just record it in one take, playing the bass notes for that part, and then play the lead over it in another take, i guess.

EDIT:
Sure, I'm looking forward to hearing how it might turn out.

And actually, I would love to hear a combo of classical piano and brutal death metal - ah well, guess I'm going to have to write it myself then.
Lol neoclassic slam? That would be insane! I can have a try at doing it I guess :haha:

Life Is Brutal
08-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I wish there was a GP5 version of it, because I really want to hear it now but don't want to deal with the MP3/Mediafire stuff. :haha:

Ometh
08-10-2011, 10:02 PM
I wish there was a GP5 version of it, because I really want to hear it now but don't want to deal with the MP3/Mediafire stuff. :haha:
It sounds like balls, and the MP3 is easy to download, but if you really want it, I'll post the MIDI: note that the notes don't ring out, as already mentioned, and they are supposed to.
EDIT: I din't post the GP5 because, again already mentioned, some notes disapear and the layout gets glitchy and screwed up.

amonamarthmetal
08-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't like using mediafile either cause I get popupshit we can import the midi into gp and make the changes though, like the ringing

champayne
08-11-2011, 05:41 PM
It took me one second, thank god for FIOS internet :D.

But I really like this a lot. I can see this being mixed in and creating some neoclassical metal, but I think slam would be a bit too far D:. I'm not really into this kind of stuff, so all I can say is that I like it, I can't really provide a detailed crit.

I also like how it sounds in MP3, perhaps I have been too quick to judge the power of GP6.

Ometh
08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
It took me one second, thank god for FIOS internet :D.

But I really like this a lot. I can see this being mixed in and creating some neoclassical metal, but I think slam would be a bit too far D:. I'm not really into this kind of stuff, so all I can say is that I like it, I can't really provide a detailed crit.

I also like how it sounds in MP3, perhaps I have been too quick to judge the power of GP6.
Like I said earlier, I'll be using this in my death/thrash/melodeath band that I have with a friend. We already have some neoclassic leanings, two of our songs have epic neoclassical outros, so it will fit like a glove as an intelude/outro. Glad you liked it, and yes, the GP6's RSE is really ****ing good, If you don't mind a layout a bit trickier to learn, you can tolerate it due to it's easy customization and low CPU usage. It compensates in sounds, but it took me one day to write this, while on GP5 I would probably only take a few hours. In conclusion,
- In GP5 the RSE is sucky, but the MIDI does the job and with full dedication I can make a 15 minutes long song in a day;
- In Gp6 the RSE is really cool and all it's shenanigans, but the drums are a pain in the ass, the MIDI is glitchy and I take 1 day to write 3 minutes long song.

Da Mortum
05-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Smells good , not a poop indeed.

9 of 10 coz not an epic.

:golfclap:

amonamarthmetal
05-30-2012, 02:08 PM
ometh. please make more of this instead of grindcore or whatever it is.

Ometh
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
ometh. please make more of this instead of grindcore or whatever it is.
You can't tell me what to do :mad:

Lolz, I write what I like. This was an one-off thingy that just happened to turn out good, :peace:

amonamarthmetal
05-30-2012, 03:44 PM
You can't tell me what to do :mad:

Lolz, I write what I like. This was an one-off thingy that just happened to turn out good, :peace:

Haha I'm sorry. I'm just not a fan of grind-core. I think you should add more harmony to this piece. It's a bit one dimensional with just the piano.

Ometh
05-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Haha I'm sorry. I'm just not a fan of grind-core. I think you should add more harmony to this piece. It's a bit one dimensional with just the piano.
No worries lol. I always though of writing a couple of neoclassicalish death metal pieces, kind of like Fleshgod Apocalypse's first album, but I don't think I possess the songwriting skills to do that succesfully atm lolz. If I ever write something remotely like that I'll be shure to link you to it ;)

~Flounder~
06-02-2012, 12:54 PM
hey man, mp3 link is dead :(

u should reup the link so I can hear!! Also, sheet music????

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1542970
Crit etude II?