Metalcore Song "Suffering"

PDA

View Full Version : Metalcore Song "Suffering"

gabrielcev
08-14-2011, 05:05 PM
C4C... wrote this in 1 hour today when I was bored. I think it's ok needs help so please critique...

Emperor's Child
08-14-2011, 05:25 PM
lol @impossible solo
The rest was pretty good though. Nice riff work going on there.

gabrielcev
08-14-2011, 05:51 PM
lol @impossible solo
The rest was pretty good though. Nice riff work going on there.

Appreciated man... thx for taking the time. Oh and the solo is the hardest solo I've ever played...

MattAnderson111
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
If you can play that solo as how you tabbed it, kudos, but honestly, you just mashed a shitload of 32nd notes together, so, I really don't see much talent in it.

The only other complaint I have is the drums, they seem very lackluster.

But, this song is a little better then some of the generic metalcore we get on here. Also, as you keep writing with Guitar Pro, you'll get better at tabbing the stuff, and writing better drum parts, so it just takes time.

gabrielcev
08-14-2011, 08:20 PM
If you can play that solo as how you tabbed it, kudos, but honestly, you just mashed a shitload of 32nd notes together, so, I really don't see much talent in it.

The only other complaint I have is the drums, they seem very lackluster.

But, this song is a little better then some of the generic metalcore we get on here. Also, as you keep writing with Guitar Pro, you'll get better at tabbing the stuff, and writing better drum parts, so it just takes time.

I have no prior knowledge of drumming or rhythm I just used my ear for the drums. The solo its actually not hard its mostly really fast picking but the fingering is repetitive so its fairly easy to execute for a semi advance guitar player. The sweeping is really fast but the pattern is easy and sweeping is not hard at all once you get a nice flow for it and yeah your right the solo is lackluster but then again its metal core. In metal core fast sounding emotionless solos are generic. And yeah the solo is repetitive like 19 20 22 20 19 22 on high E string really fast is not hard and it consists of fast little repetitive runs. Thx for the feedback man...

Macabre_Turtle
08-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Honestly, I'm not convinced you or very many people in this world at all could play that solo.

aeromakesmusic
08-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Honestly, I'm not convinced you or very many people in this world at all could play that solo.
This.
for some reason i feel i can make the assumption that you can't play that solo.

MattAnderson111
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
t the solo is lackluster but then again its metal core. In metal core fast sounding emotionless solos are generic. ..

I don't believe that to be true, quite the opposite actually, I have heard many more melodic and thought out solos in metalcore than I have fast emotionless out of key runs. That shit fits for Slayer, I mean, if you can make it sound good, that's great.

Emperor's Child
08-15-2011, 07:44 AM
I have to say I agree with Matt, the solos do seem very "playing fast because I can".

amonamarthmetal
08-15-2011, 09:33 AM
most generic metalcore dont even have solo's.

guitar ben94
08-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Most people are talking about how impossible the solo is, and sort of ignoring how terrible it sounds...

Other than that, the rest is pretty good :) Some good riffs in there.

Macabre_Turtle
08-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Most people are talking about how impossible the solo is, and sort of ignoring how terrible it sounds...

Other than that, the rest is pretty good :) Some good riffs in there.

How terrible it sounds is the reason I'm presuming he can't play it. Because I know he typed in random trash and patterns and not something actually thought out. Music's not bad, but that solo needs to go, dude.

gabrielcev
08-15-2011, 02:29 PM
How terrible it sounds is the reason I'm presuming he can't play it. Because I know he typed in random trash and patterns and not something actually thought out. Music's not bad, but that solo needs to go, dude.

Ok screw the solo its gone. I guess I just got lazy. But anybody can play this solo just pick really fast and finger random notes all over the fret board. :haha:

BlackApparatus
08-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Maybe he wrote this solo just for fun. I'm not assuming he can play it or not, but hell, I've opened Guitar Pro and written some insanely fast shit just because I'm bored. I can't play it most of the time, but if this guy can, hell, congratulations. I still think 16th notes would sound way better than all those 32nds.

Aside from the solo, I think it's a pretty solid piece. Fix the solo right there and give it some more interesting drum/bass lines, and it'd turn out just fine for me.

synestershadows
08-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Anybody getting a Trivium vibe from this?

gabrielcev
08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Anybody getting a Trivium vibe from this?

Yeah I like some of Triviums stuff. They have a lot of crap though... They are a small influence.

Erra93
08-20-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't believe that to be true, quite the opposite actually, I have heard many more melodic and thought out solos in metalcore than I have fast emotionless out of key runs. That shit fits for Slayer, I mean, if you can make it sound good, that's great.

Exactly, when I think metalcore I think melodic solos most of the time :p

BloodReverence
08-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah I like some of Triviums stuff. They have a lot of crap though... They are a small influence.

It's because the verse and prechorus are almost the same structure of riffs as "Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr" by Trivium. Almost exactly the same.

synestershadows
08-22-2011, 02:57 PM
It's because the verse and prechorus are almost the same structure of riffs as "Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr" by Trivium. Almost exactly the same.
This.

Christopher S
08-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Excuse me for saying this, but - did you TRY to rip off Trivium, or did it "just happen"?

gabrielcev
08-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Excuse me for saying this, but - did you TRY to rip off Trivium, or did it "just happen"?

WTF I didnt rip anything off Trivium. Just because it sounds similar doesnt mean I ripped it off. It may sound similar to other songs but I constructed these riffs myself and if you listen to Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr by Trivium you can hear how my riffs sound completely different. Yes I listen to Trivium and I KNOW how to play the song Pull Harder On The Strings of Your Martyr note for note and its nothing like my riffs. Mines is completely different.

BloodReverence
08-23-2011, 12:59 PM
WTF I didnt rip anything off Trivium. Just because it sounds similar doesnt mean I ripped it off. It may sound similar to other songs but I constructed these riffs myself and if you listen to Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr by Trivium you can hear how my riffs sound completely different. Yes I listen to Trivium and I KNOW how to play the song Pull Harder On The Strings of Your Martyr note for note and its nothing like my riffs. Mines is completely different.

Naw man, you're honestly realllly close to Pull Harder. two riffs that have the same groove structure back to back is almost enough to call it a rip off. sorry brah.