Polaris Amour (Originals with Alt/Indie/Post-Hardcore influence)[GP5] [C4C]

PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Amour (Originals with Alt/Indie/Post-Hardcore influence)[GP5] [C4C]

mka12992
08-14-2011, 10:55 PM
All right, after a lot of thought I have decided to post these songs of mine up for some constructive criticism and feedback. All of these songs were almost entirely written by me. Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mean Mr Mustard
08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
I listened to Blister and about halfway through, I thought that while I did enjoy most of the contents, there were too many stops and starts along with tempo changes. It made it feel pretty disjointed, like the parts didn't connect well. The second half was much better though, and the content there was real good.

mka12992
08-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey, thanks for the comment. I definitely agree, actually. That's one of my earlier works, and it does jump around a lot. Maybe with the vocals and everything it would be less annoying. I'd recommend checking out NeveReverend or Dear Mr. Campbell, Thanks For The Advice, they're my newest songs, and they are a bit more controlled.

Mean Mr Mustard
08-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah listening to NeveReverend, it flows a whole lot nicer, and with some pretty unique/standout vocals overtop, this could really shine. Nice job.

Shadokandgibi
08-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Oh Dude ! Yours songs are amazing ! :O
I love it, i have not another words to explain that i feel ;)

Great Job :D

mka12992
09-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Oh Dude ! Yours songs are amazing ! :O
I love it, i have not another words to explain that i feel ;)

Great Job :D

Yeah listening to NeveReverend, it flows a whole lot nicer, and with some pretty unique/standout vocals overtop, this could really shine. Nice job.

Thank you both very much, and sorry for the very delayed reply. I've been in the process of moving and I haven't been on very much in the past month.

So, to Mean Mr. Mustard: Is there a particular song of yours you'd like any feedback on? I'd be happy to give some.

And for anyone else interested in only checking one song out, I'd suggest Dear Mr. Campbell, Thanks For The Advice, as it's the most recent. Again, any feedback will be greatly appreciated and returned.

CatAmplifier
09-16-2011, 07:51 AM
well, first was the Blister, dunno why, but i thought that it would sound cool in 1st Alexsinofire album type of vocals, 'cause they got some really contrast rythmics and vocals there. but overall the sctructure was misleading me all the way to the outro :)

Dear Mr. Campbell, Thanks For The Advice. i really liked that riff 4-7 and that bend on the 4th fret sounds really cool. 16-20 the octaves are cool. simple but i got a little tired of the leads all the way :) so they gave me a break. 60-67 very nice :) piano leads did the thing. and in 68+ riff i would've moved a little from the opened low to some chord changes just to get the dynamics. Good song :) maybe it's just the gp5 sounds 'cause i guess it would've sounded much better with the real instruments

c4c my song pls :)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28139877#post28139877

mka12992
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
For those interested in hearing a fully recorded version of one of my songs, go here:
http://polarisamour.bandcamp.com/

I have NeveReverend up for download. If you're feeling generous, you can choose to pay for the download, it's not expected though.