Progressive Thing C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Thing C4C

chase09
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
I've been working on this piece for a year now, off & on, and finally completed it after many hours of labor! I'm looking for any comments anyone may have, whether it's good or bad. I would love to hear some constructive criticism on the piece, and I am also going to take a listen to your pieces and do the same for you!

Emperor's Child
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Um... the first few bars can be phrased in 4/4.

chase09
08-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Um... the first few bars can be phrased in 4/4.

Yes, but the rhythmic feel is not so straightforward, so it's easier for me to play the parts if I don't think of them in 4/4, but rather as they are written.

CaRveItiNbass
08-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, both myself and my friend appreciated your review, and I'm pleased to announce that he's begun recording, and has even entered the mixing phase.

Critting as I listen:

Starts off kind slow, but picks up. I love the really proggy parts and the tapping.

The piano part is gorgeous, keep that.

Your drum writing skills are a little novice, so you might wanna work on that, unless that was what you were going for.

Digging the bass parts.

The leadwork is odd, but I guess that's prog for you? I don't dislike it, though.

For the intro and outro, or at least when you repeat them a second time, I might suggest picking up the pace and instead of doing 8th notes, alternate pick 16th notes of the same note, and have the drums pick up. Don't increase tempo, though.

All in all, 6/10

CaRveItiNbass
09-02-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28040487#post28040487 The song has been recorded. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.