Tears ov the Slaves (Blackened Death Metal) GP5, C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Tears ov the Slaves (Blackened Death Metal) GP5, C4C

Peres.T.Peanut
08-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey guys. This one is for my BDM project (still recent). it has some noticeable Polish scene influencences, but nothing too shabby I hope. I really like this one, but at times it feels lacking in some way, so I decided to put it up here.

Cheers!

C4C if you want

Edgecrsuher
08-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Good work! When you talk about the Polish scene are you refering to Behemoth? I just don't like the sweepage and solo part, to me it sounds like some old 80's power metal.

If you want go to my profile and check some of my stuff, I've uploaded some songs recently.

Peres.T.Peanut
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Good work! When you talk about the Polish scene are you refering to Behemoth? I just don't like the sweepage and solo part, to me it sounds like some old 80's power metal.

If you want go to my profile and check some of my stuff, I've uploaded some songs recently.
yea, mostly Behemoth and Hate. That part is more of an idea than anything else. I wanted to turn it down a little for the solo and for some reason that thing came up xD

JunKDepot
08-15-2011, 11:04 PM
for the sweeping section, try moving it up an octave?

Peres.T.Peanut
08-16-2011, 08:31 AM
The thing with the sweeping section is that I'm still looking for another way of making that transition to the solo. that part just simply doesn't work in the whole context

Burning_Angel
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Critting as we go, shall we?

I like the 6/8 feel of the intro. And then the next riff is awesome, reminds me of Emperor/Immortal. As does the riff after that. There might be some Mgla in here too, no?

Breakish bit kinda reminds me of Keep of Kalessin... good stuff.

And back to Section 1... Still good. I think it could use some real groovey double bass, but it doesnt linger long. So its ok.

Sweep section is cool but a bit happy all the sudden... Same for the solo backing. Probly needs to be changed Id say... and the choir seems unnecessary.

Like the ending.

All in all, a good furious song you have here mostly, except for a few issues here and there.

Peres.T.Peanut
08-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the crit, and damn you really spotted most of my influences in this! The solo/sweep part really is becoming a headache. It doesn't fit at all as it is now, maybe I'll let it rest for a while and then get back on it.