White America (Eminem cover) (GP5/5, midi)

PDA

View Full Version : White America (Eminem cover) (GP5/5, midi)

frankibo
08-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I was listening to it a few weeks ago and realised that rapping and screaming aren't too dissimilar so thought this might work.
Turns out the whole song is just a repeating minor progression and lends itself nicely a really generic metalcore/post hardcore song.
And I mean REALLY GENERIC.

For this to not be really boring you need to lyrics up in front of you so you can follow the song. The intro has nothing to do with the original, it's there to be an intro.

C4C obviously, although I only really did this for a laugh so short crits are fine!

guitar_jew
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Aight. I'm a HUGE Eminem fan, at least of his first three albums. He's mostly gone downhill since Encore, which wasn't that good to start with. So you've got my attention.

I'm not hearing the vocal over it at all, in my head, so I'm having a hard time following it in comparison with the original song. I mean, as far as metalcore goes, it's not COMPLETELY generic, and you warned us about that in advance, so it doesn't bother me.

Short of being unable to compare, it's a decent listen. I like all the let ring stuff throughout, adds a nice dimension to it.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468576

From the OP it doesn't sound like you listen to him too much? I'd STRONGLY reccomend you listen to the whole of his first three albums, Slim Shady LP through Eminem Show, or at the very least the first two. As far as rappers go, he's not just stroking himself, he creates a believable mythology around his Slim Shady/Marshall Mathers dichotomy, and makes it human by balancing everything out with his demonic sense of humor.

Tster
08-17-2011, 02:01 AM
hahahaha

I thought it as sweet. Really cool and different (compared to some of the cover tab put up here).

/generic but cool.