If you enjoy Coheed or other Post Rock, check this out

PDA

View Full Version : If you enjoy Coheed or other Post Rock, check this out

CaRveItiNbass
08-17-2011, 05:30 PM
A friend of mine wrote this song to possibly record, as he's starting to make a home studio. He's been working on this song recently, and I told him he should really consider it. He's on the fence, and I think this song should be heard in all its glory, so I need some positive reinforcement. If you guys wouldn't mind.. C4C

chase09
08-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I really enjoyed it, especially some of the drum parts. I can definitely hear a C&C vibe in the guitar melody at times, and the bass does a good job at grooving throughout the song. I would absolutely love to hear an actual recording of this so please make your friend get on it!

Mine is here if you wouldn't mind http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471047

Thomasoman
08-17-2011, 07:53 PM
This is a really well written song. Like its extremely well written, it sounds like a REAL song, something I would listen to it. I would love to hear it fully recorded, so tell your friend that he'd better do this, and start a band and play it and all that good stuff.

Mean Mr Mustard
08-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I enjoyed it, except for everytime it went back to that intro riff. It kinda lacks something, and everytime it goes back to that it seems to get a bit stale. But as for the rest of the song, I thought it was great, I could really hear the Coheed influence. He should record it definitely.

pol315
08-27-2011, 01:33 PM
This was a really nice chill, kind of mood piece. Reminded a little bit of CHON, but a little more organized then they are. I really liked this. The bass was really good, it did alot more than just follow the guitars, it actually explored! This was a really good piece overall :)

CaRveItiNbass
09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Guys! The song has been recorded. We'll be doing C4C, just listen to the song and review. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28040487#post28040487