Prog/Djent Song C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Prog/Djent Song C4C

BloodReverence
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
This song is going to be the second song on my EP, I was just wondering if i could get some crit on the writing.

Also, the drums are programmed to work for the Midi map in Addictive Drums... so they sound absolutely rediculous. The kick drum and the snare are the only things that are the same. You may be able to get the basis of what the drums will sound like if they're on, but I'd turn them off ahahah.

Tell me what you like, what you don't like etc.

and OF COURSE, C4C if you wish :)

AtTheGates\m/
08-17-2011, 11:19 PM
c4c please http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471900

very happy but heavy sounding if that makes sense i like like the very beginning a lot the solo stuff is really nice too only weird thing is wrapping my head around some of it but it was like a good confusing it was a interesting what is happening kind of thing if that makes any sense, I like it but maybe i would make some parts more memorable or understandable though leaving it like it is conveys an equally valid feeling of what the **** is going on which makes it unique and interesting to listen to.

madbasslover
08-18-2011, 12:14 AM
I liked it, but it was definitely kind of difficult to follow. The riffing was good, but the song moved back and forth between sounding really happy and sounding not-so-happy a little too rapidly. I'd either change up the notes a bit or find a way to space things out so that the alternations between moods don't hit the listener so rapidly. Other than it was a pretty solid track, nice job. :cheers:

BigBigWater
08-18-2011, 03:48 AM
First off, listenign with drums, super lol'd for a bit at them this way. AWESOME.

Anyway, not going to get super in depth, but the issue here for me was, as they've pointed out, it's really sporadic. Structure is completely iffy in some parts. There needs to be some more structure and transitions in my opinion, and I think a few sections may need to be rethought and reworked a slight bit to 'fit' better.

Don't get me wrong though, the parts individually were mostly great (I loved the bit starting at measure 46), and there's tons of potential, it just needs to be laid out in a better way IMO.

C4C would be neat: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468667