Polka Dots & Moonbeams (Jazz Chord Solo) (Gp5, Gp4, midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Polka Dots & Moonbeams (Jazz Chord Solo) (Gp5, Gp4, midi)

Madz
08-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Long time no post, but heres one of my newer arrangements, this is a great standart and Ive arranged it for Solo guitar. Ive added the bass so that you can easily find out what chords are playing, and a metronome for the timing. Ive come so far that Ive not used the normal chromatic approach which is found so often in my songs, but to really let the chords shine on this beautiful ballad. Enjoy!

This is not mixed for RSE, neither intended. Please listen to it on midi.

C4C, the more you write, the more I write.

Carl_Berg
08-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Holy shit this is pro stuff! I am amazed dude!

bryceh12321
08-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm just staring out at jazz and I really want to learn to fit those chords under the melody like that. Thanks a lot for this.

FacetOfChaos
08-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Very nicely done. It is a beautiful ballad indeed. I thought that all of your voicings were well chosen and I didn't hear any issues within the piece. The melody was always easy to hear and didn't ever get obscured by the other instruments. Even in GP midi sounds, I'm really enjoying this. Well done.

Edit: looking at a couple of youtube videos of the song, I can see that your arrangement is really great. The videos that I saw lost the melody and feel within too many chord changes. This arrangement has just the right balance in my opinion.

Don't worry about a return crit.

WyvernOmega
08-26-2011, 05:17 AM
This is absolutely lovely. The little bass that was added in to the file is such an addition to the song, especially when wearing headphones! This arrangement is terrific, from the voicings, to the voice leading and such. This definitely got my toe tapping :p: Listening to it a second time is just as good, if not better. This is beautiful.

C4C? <3
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474348