nu metal riff

PDA

View Full Version : nu metal riff

davor2705
08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.box.net/shared/yhlv4c28djyajkkfre2t

first thing i done in g pro.i dont know how to make drums so i only did the guitar

guitar_jew
08-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Well, it's cool that you're starting to use Guitar Pro. When you click 'add track' and choose percussion, a window pops up that tells you what numbers correspond to what drums. The basic of the basics are as follows.

38 or 40- Snare. Take your pick, one's supposed to be acoustic and the other electric, but it's all MIDI so it all sounds computerized anyway. I personally prefer 40.

36 or 35- Bass drums. Again, either one works. If I'm writing a double bass part I switch off between the two (36-35-36-35 etc etc), gives it that alternating sound that double bass sounds like irl.

49 or 57- Crash cymbals.

42- your closed hi-hat.

That'll get you started. You can see the rest in the gp window that should open automatically when you create a drum track.

Second order of business, more people will look at your stuff if you just attach it to your post. Following a link I may not recognize that was put up by a stranger seems kind of sketchy, y'know? To attach the file to your post, there's a button on the page wherein you type the thing. Click said button and it opens a window. The rest is easy to figure out.

Now as for the riff- it's a nu metal/post-grunge/modern rock riff. What else is there to say? Not to be a dick or to discourage writing, but originality is really encouraged and appreciated here. We all tend to prefer stuff that isn't too similar to things we've all heard before, or at least is a fresh take on it. Since it's your first thing on guitar pro at all, I'm going easy, since I don't want you to misunderstand and give up- I'd love to have more people putting up their originals for feedback. The problem is that it screams 'Seether' or 'Three Days Grace,' when if it screams anything, you should want it to scream 'davor2705.' Know what I mean?

General rule of thumb, dunno if you checked out the 'forgotten rules' thread (most of those rules have been forgotten again, anyway, I think, but meh. I looked at it when I first came here), but if you want people to look at your material, you have to look at theirs first. And then after you've discussed their piece or work in progress, just drop a link to this page, or the page of whatever work you want feedback on.

Good to have new people around.

If you get the time, could you C4C (critique for critique, just in case you didn't know- I didn't at first, just sort of picked up on that after a bit) this piece of mine? If you're into nu-metal you might appreciate this. Big might, though, but who knows? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468576

davor2705
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Well, it's cool that you're starting to use Guitar Pro. When you click 'add track' and choose percussion, a window pops up that tells you what numbers correspond to what drums. The basic of the basics are as follows.

38 or 40- Snare. Take your pick, one's supposed to be acoustic and the other electric, but it's all MIDI so it all sounds computerized anyway. I personally prefer 40.

36 or 35- Bass drums. Again, either one works. If I'm writing a double bass part I switch off between the two (36-35-36-35 etc etc), gives it that alternating sound that double bass sounds like irl.

49 or 57- Crash cymbals.

42- your closed hi-hat.

That'll get you started. You can see the rest in the gp window that should open automatically when you create a drum track.

Second order of business, more people will look at your stuff if you just attach it to your post. Following a link I may not recognize that was put up by a stranger seems kind of sketchy, y'know? To attach the file to your post, there's a button on the page wherein you type the thing. Click said button and it opens a window. The rest is easy to figure out.

Now as for the riff- it's a nu metal/post-grunge/modern rock riff. What else is there to say? Not to be a dick or to discourage writing, but originality is really encouraged and appreciated here. We all tend to prefer stuff that isn't too similar to things we've all heard before, or at least is a fresh take on it. Since it's your first thing on guitar pro at all, I'm going easy, since I don't want you to misunderstand and give up- I'd love to have more people putting up their originals for feedback. The problem is that it screams 'Seether' or 'Three Days Grace,' when if it screams anything, you should want it to scream 'davor2705.' Know what I mean?

General rule of thumb, dunno if you checked out the 'forgotten rules' thread (most of those rules have been forgotten again, anyway, I think, but meh. I looked at it when I first came here), but if you want people to look at your material, you have to look at theirs first. And then after you've discussed their piece or work in progress, just drop a link to this page, or the page of whatever work you want feedback on.

Good to have new people around.

If you get the time, could you C4C (critique for critique, just in case you didn't know- I didn't at first, just sort of picked up on that after a bit) this piece of mine? If you're into nu-metal you might appreciate this. Big might, though, but who knows? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468576

ty for the time you took to write such a long comment :D.I added some drums and i know they suck cuz im not a drummer but there you go.comment if you like.as for originality i know it sound like those bands but if a riff is good that dosent really matter ,the rest of the song will certainly be different.I will comment on your piece as soon as i get the time.work is a bitch :D