Progressive Melodic Metal (Work In Progress)

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Melodic Metal (Work In Progress)

joeryer
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Something i have been working on recently, not really sure where to progress from here..

Hope you guys like!

:)

Lh0o
08-23-2011, 08:17 PM
that drum. my ears. it huuuurts !

other than that, there are indeed a few nice riffs. Gotta remove that psh psh psh psh psh drum dude.

FacetOfChaos
08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I really enjoyed that actually. The start felt nice and chill and I liked the chords. The riff that came in gave it more energy and I also enjoyed that. The question is where you'll take it next. I think it should be a section that is a bit different than the last two. The general theme was about to get a little stale so something that adds a new texture or idea or feeling or whatever you come up with.

CheesyMozarella
08-24-2011, 10:30 AM
That was pretty nice. The melody/solo fit quite perfectly.
Do you happen to listen to Evergrey? Because this really sounds like Evergrey. :)

As for continuing, I think you shold let the ring-out-guitars rest, and maybe make a groovy riff or something. Might bee cheesy, but maybe do something in harmonic minor. As FacetOfChaos said "The general theme was about to get a little stale so something that adds a new texture or idea or feeling or whatever you come up with."

joeryer
08-24-2011, 12:00 PM
That was pretty nice. The melody/solo fit quite perfectly.
Do you happen to listen to Evergrey? Because this really sounds like Evergrey. :)

As for continuing, I think you shold let the ring-out-guitars rest, and maybe make a groovy riff or something. Might bee cheesy, but maybe do something in harmonic minor. As FacetOfChaos said "The general theme was about to get a little stale so something that adds a new texture or idea or feeling or whatever you come up with."

I've never heard of Evergrey at all actually! I will have to check them out :)

A groovy riff wouldnt go amiss you are right.

cheers for the crit

Jake the Peg
08-24-2011, 12:55 PM
this is REALLY nice! I like the atmospheric jazz guitar part, and I like the little drop into the tripleted chugs - i wasn't expecting triplets. If I were you, I'd make the chug pattern slightly more complicated, and add a little bit of melody in it.
The riff did get a little bit boring towards the end, it'd sound good if you had a couple other sections before you brought it home with that riff again.
I enjoyed the chords, but I didn't like that they were crotchets. I think either 1/2 notes or 1/8 notes would sound better, with drums to match. Overall, I like the feel of the piece - nicely melodic but still groovy. Keep working on this!
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473214