Shows You've Been To

PDA

View Full Version : Shows You've Been To

danm778
08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
thought about having a thread where you basically just say what shows you've been to, how they were, who played, what went down etc...?
good idea or a dead ender?

well anyway, i went to liverpool tonight for a bwp, crossbreaker and end reign show. got there and it was in a venue with the smallest/wierdest layout ever. you could just fit the drums on the 2x3m piece of wood for a stage (it's a really nice bar though, don't get me wrong, i'm not calling it cheap or anything), and it sort of curves round and givfes the crowd a space where you can fit abotu 6 people side by side comfortably. it was manic!

but yeah it was a proper good show, was at a place called the barcelona bar, if anyone knows of it you'll understand what i mean by the stage.

recommend going there, drinks are bareeeee cheap! 2.20 for a pint, absolute steal

Slash_fanboy
08-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Slash w/ Myles Kennedy @The Pabst Theater-Milwaukee, WI. Awesome little venue that's really old and has great atmosphere. General Seating so we got like 10th row seats for $30. AWESOME

Cheap Trick/ Poison/ Def Leppard @ Macus Ampitheater- Milwaukee, WI. Ok show, I was surprised how good Joe Eliot still sounded, and Cheap Trick was sweet, but Poison was ok. It rained the morning of so we has wet bleachers.

Umprey's Mcgee @ The Miller Light Oasis-Summerfest '10. Kicking jam band. Loved every minute of it. They covered In Bloom, and absoutlutly destroyed it. :liplick:

Tonz of shows I could have gone to, but couldn't :(

robnewland
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Need to go to more hardcore shows, they're always so much more fun!

Saw TGOAT (RIP :( ) with rolo tomassi in some tiny venue in bham near where the barfly used to be, was about 30(ish) people there, had a ****ing blast.

Seen gallows twice at the bham academy, both killer shows. First with ****ed up and SYG supporting, although when I heard them at the time I hated both bands. Second time with rolo tomassi and ETID - that's the show where they filmed the live part of the dvd to accompany NJA. I was on the barrier, IN THE MIDDLE, and still didn't get on it. Crushed.

Saw converge headline on the kvelertak/gaza/kylesa tour. Gaza should have been main support, they ****ing KILLED. Kvelertak were sweet and kylesa kinda boring... Converge slayed though, got on the mic for alot of The Broken Vow. Heaven.

One show that will always stick in my mind though was seeing cancer bats at the bham barfly. We got there super early after running out of things to do in brum and ended up meeting some of the guys. I gave liam his first ever milky bar (no innuendo, still a fond memory) and then he spent all of the show running around the (small) crowd. Hexes and Johnny Truant supported, killer lineup!

Sick of it all at Sonisphere 2010, festival - not a show, but still probably the best non-headline act I saw all weekend (apart from maybe TGOAT or converge)

I could probably go on, but I guess it would get boring and I'm running out of synonyms for good...

j-falafel
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Matthew Good/The Spades @ Cunard Center-Halifax Nova Scotia. Good show, Matt Good sure plays well live, has a lot of energy and performs very well. Saw him twice, same venue except second time without The Spades, who were very good also.

Billy Talent/Alexisonfire @ Cunard Center. Very good show, I was very impressed with both bands as they performed quite flawlessly.

Avenged Sevenfold/Stone Sour/Hollywood Undead @ Tsongas Center, Lowell, MA. Amazing concert, only got to see a couple songs by HU though. Stone Sour was awesome, and A7X was incredible.

Metallica/Coheed And Cambria/Seether/Protest The Hero @ Citadel Hill Garrison Grounds, Halifax Nova Scotia. Recent show, and every act was incredible. Seether even played a cover of Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box, which was awesome. Metallica were pretty good for their age, and they even played Last Caress.

Disturbed/Korn/Stillwell @ Metro Center, Halifax Nova Scotia. Stillwell was surprisingly good, really wasn't expecting much for a 'street metal' band. Korn was very good, even broke out the bagpipes. They played for quite awhile. Disturbed really hit it off, great show.

Our Lady Peace @ Cunard Center. Starting off their tour, they played the entire Clumsy album, and came back and played some other stuff too. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Cancer Bats/3 Inches Of Blood/A Sight For Sewn Eyes/Black Moor @ The Pavilion, Halifax Nova Scotia. The microphones were basically inaudible, so I couldn't hear Cam Pipes' voice very well. But regardless, every band was awesome. My favorite act was 3 Inches Of Blood.

Abandon All Ships/Woe, Is Me/Structures/Liferuiner @ The Pavilion. They all performed well, but I'm not a big AAS fan, and their vocalists aren't really that great. He rocked the auto-tuned parts though. Woe, Is Me was definitely the best act.

U2/Arcade Fire @ Magnetic Hill, Moncton New Brunswick. Arcade Fire seemed really happy to be playing with a huge band like U2. They were awesome. SO much energy. U2 just were closing their 360 tour, and played everything I wanted to hear EXCEPT New Year's Day.

Offspring/Metric/Dinosaur Jr. @ Citadel Hill. Pretty good show, Dinosaur Jr. were a but lacking though. Metric performed well, and so did Offspring. But, Dexter's mic was horrible for the first song.

Guns N' Roses/Sebastian Bach/Danko Jones @ Metro Center. Very good show, even with the new GN'R lineup. Everyone performed well, but the best act to me was Sebastian Bach, who even broke out into my favorite Skid Row songs. The Trailer Park Boys even came up and performed Liquor And *****s with GN'R.

TL;DR version: I've seen a lot of bands.

Kyle<3
08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
What the heck? Who are you guys? lol.

Last show I went to was Loma Prieta and Punch with Thom, it was awesome. Before that was probably The Chariot, which was also awesome. I also loved ...

Abandon All Ships/Woe, Is Me/Structures/Liferuiner @ The Pavilion. They all performed well, but I'm not a big AAS fan, and their vocalists aren't really that great. He rocked the auto-tuned parts though. Woe, Is Me was definitely the best act.

wat

guitar_rules311
08-26-2011, 11:34 PM
What the heck? Who are you guys? lol.
It seems that most random users are attracted to threads that require no actual interaction with any other user.

As for shows I've been to, It's mostly been numetalcore shows, with a lot of bands I don't care about, that I've gone to to support my friends band. However I have seen some bands that I actually like such as Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Protest the Hero, Counterparts, and Structures.

synestershadows
08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Damn, last show I went to was that Whitechapel headliner with Acacia and VOM. I left after Acacia.

punkforlife93
08-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Last show I was at was when Murder By Death played at my college, twas legit.

technicolour
08-27-2011, 12:16 AM
io've b en to evrthin show

brad5992
08-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Ive been to lots of shows

Amuro Jay
08-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Last show I went to was the Slaughter Survivors tour, starring every band that the Deathcore thread has circlejerked in the past year or so.

And it was awesome.

Defeater are coming to Chicago in October! I guess that's one perk of living up here.

lookpizza
08-27-2011, 02:28 AM
I've been to more shows than all you fools.

This is not including you regular gentlemen.

DreadEnds
08-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Bring Me The Horizon w// Cancer Bats & Tek-One - September 2010 - Glasgow:

BMTH were brilliant. This was the last few dates of their final tour in support of Suicide Season just before There Is A Hell... came out. Tek-One were great openers and got the crowd amped. Cancer Bats were terribly boring.

Bring Me The Horizon w// Parkway Drive, Architects & The Devil Wears Prada - April 2011 - Glasgow:

Again BMTH were brilliant and showed exactly why they were the headliners of the tour. Parkway looked a little tired but they played the classics well. Architects were just short of being on Par with BMTH. They were ****ing incredible. TDWP were ok but their sound was terrible. They ended the show with Outnumbered though which was a highlight.

Bring Me The Horizon w// While She Sleeps - August 2011 - Belfast:

Yes you've guessed it, BMTH were amazing again. WSS were a little boring if I'm honest. They are really let down by their monotonus vocalist.

Architects w// Lower Than Atlantis - October 2010 - Belfast:

Architects were decent here. They were a little disappointed with the turn out (I was surprised there wasn't more there) but they still played the entire Hollow Crown album with a sneak peak of Delete. Rewind. LTA are ****ing shit. Live and on CD... Nuff said.

Parkway Drive - June 2011- Belfast :

Parkway came here with no support. They were better this time than when I seen them in Glasgow with BMTH. They impressed me when a security guard used unnecessary roughness on a crowd surfer and Pig got in his face and told him to go **** himself.

Slash - June 2010- Belfast:

My hero up on stage right infront of me playing all his classics to perfection. What else can be said...

Rolo Tomassi - March 2011 - Belfast:

WORST.BAND.EVER /rant

Trigger The Bloodshed w// Bleed From Within - May 2010 - Belfast:

My band is currently on the same label as both these bands. TTB were ok but not really my style of music. BFW ****in killed it though.

Bullet For My Valentine - May 2008 - Belfast:

BFMV were touring in support of Scream Aim Fire. The show was good but they don't move much on stage and that bothers me about some bands...

That's all I can think of that aren't Festivals...

Kyle<3
08-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Oh my gosh... my dude hates Rolo Tomassi, and just called LTA shit.

Mad people are going to not like you for that post.

brad5992
08-27-2011, 08:19 AM
And called BMTH amazing live :haha:

asator
08-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Oh my gosh... my dude hates Rolo Tomassi, and just called LTA shit.

Mad people are going to not like you for that post.
He's an idiot though. And to be fair, the last LTA album wasn't great...

Also, there is no way I'm writing down every show I've ever been to. I go to a show near enough once a week.

TheBDanAbstract
08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Also, there is no way I'm writing down every show I've ever been to. I go to a show near enough once a week.

Lucky. I'm always 3 hours from a good show.

asator
08-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm 2-3 hours away from most tours by international bands as well, but there are still local shows.

technicolour
08-27-2011, 12:03 PM
drive?

last show I went to/played was with Vestiges...and that was back in july I think. Been a busy summer, no time for shows unfortunately.

asator
08-27-2011, 12:11 PM
I played the last show I was at as well. That was on Sunday. The next one I'll definitely be at is on Friday - again, locals and it's a good friend's band's first show. There are literally 4 shows tonight that I want to see (Hot Water Music/Make Do and Mend, Brutality Will Prevail/Crossbreaker/By My Hands/Departures/Offside, then two local(ish) shows with friends' bands playing), and I'm going to none of them because I have no money. :(

technicolour
08-27-2011, 12:34 PM
one of the shows with your friends' bands playing won'tr let you in for free?

The next show I'll be going to is my band's "raise money for our split 7" show" ...and we'll be playing with the other band on the split (obviously).

MustangMan311
08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Wait. What're we doing in this thread?

Amuro Jay
08-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I've got a one-up on all of you guys.

I saw Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block this summer :o

InstantAXonHero
08-27-2011, 12:41 PM
I've seen three of my favourite bands this year:

Tigers Jaw - loved
Title Fight - Moshed and loved
Lemuria - loved

:)

asator
08-27-2011, 12:43 PM
one of the shows with your friends' bands playing won'tr let you in for free?

The next show I'll be going to is my band's "raise money for our split 7" show" ...and we'll be playing with the other band on the split (obviously).
One of them is in a little town that would take me three bus journeys to get to, so even if I got in for free it'd cost me too much to get there and back anyway. And the other one is in a steaky little pirate metalhead pub where the staff are all dicks, plus my friend's band is only opening and don't really have any authority. And the one on Friday is for charity, so I can't just not pay for that.

punkforlife93
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
That guy's insane, I saw Rolo Tomassi live and they were pretty much flawless, not to mentione Eva's gorgeous and shy and hella nice.

The whole band was nice, though.

asator
08-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I was at a Rolo Tomassi show once where I had to leave before they played to get to an LTA show. Me and that guy would get on great. Also I spoke to Eva briefly and she was the nicest person ever. So are the guys in LTA.

lookpizza
08-27-2011, 02:42 PM
He's an idiot though. And to be fair, the last LTA album wasn't great...

Yea I went to like 3-5 shows a month from the ages 16-20. This thread is lolzy.

edit: I didn't even realize there was a second page.

Kyle<3
08-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I've seen ACDC!! It was soooo louuddddd omgg

danm778
08-27-2011, 09:19 PM
there's been some confusion, i actually meant when you go to a show just write it down, should have put 'recently' or something, ahh well. it's given me some laughs

Roflpwn
08-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Ive seen an infinite amount of shows, more than any of you.

danm778
08-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Ive seen an infinite amount of shows, more than any of you.

i'll see your infinite and i raise you...

a manic street preachers, a bag of beef space raiders and a lion bar?

asator
08-27-2011, 10:07 PM
i'll see your infinite and i raise you...

a manic street preachers, a bag of beef space raiders and a lion bar?
And a pack of Hubba-Bubba.

Strawberry.

http://www.caterersearch.com/blogs/catering-news-blog/PDVD_129.jpg

danm778
08-27-2011, 10:42 PM
And a pack of Hubba-Bubba.

Strawberry.

http://www.caterersearch.com/blogs/catering-news-blog/PDVD_129.jpg

little britain if i remember rightly?

Gomorrah
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Yea I went to like 3-5 shows a month from the ages 16-20. This thread is lolzy.

samesies, I'm surprised it isn't closed yet.

technicolour
08-31-2011, 08:17 PM
quality over quantity.

We don't all live in awesome band high traffic areas.

tancanada
08-31-2011, 08:27 PM
I haven't been to a show since Warped, but before that I went to Slaughter Survivors which was probably the best show I've seen ever.

EDIT: Also, fuck that Dread guy for calling Rolo Tomassi shit.

technicolour
08-31-2011, 08:29 PM
best show I've ever been to was Primordial. Or the Carrier, in a basement in london.

Gomorrah
08-31-2011, 08:39 PM
^Jealous about the Carrier show mang

asator
08-31-2011, 11:59 PM
little britain if i remember rightly?
Yessir, I assumed you were referencing it as a lion bar was one of the many ridiculous things he asked for haha

danm778
09-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Yessir, I assumed you were referencing it as a lion bar was one of the many ridiculous things he asked for haha

ahh yeah, i remember that! but no i was not, merely a hilarious coincedence ;)