The Great Tribulation (C4C) :) Epic Extreme Metal

PDA

View Full Version : The Great Tribulation (C4C) :) Epic Extreme Metal

kcorkcar
09-03-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm back at it again with a piece of "Epic" in my Symphonic/Orchestral Blackened Extreme Metal. I have a demo of the main riff recorded on my profile but this extends far beyond that.

guitar/bass95
09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
I have to say that I like this piece. Its only a GP file and i still get lost in the atmosphere of the song. Im not an expert, though, but this is still my opinion. And do you take any Dimmu Borgir influences? This somehow reminded me of their music... At least it sounded like Symphonic black metal to me :)

kcorkcar
09-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I have to say that I like this piece. Its only a GP file and i still get lost in the atmosphere of the song. Im not an expert, though, but this is still my opinion. And do you take any Dimmu Borgir influences? This somehow reminded me of their music... At least it sounded like Symphonic black metal to me :)
Not really so much as Dimmu but
the influences that went into this song were some of Dream Theater's Nightmare to Remember, Some Carach Angren and Visible Noise (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/vIsIbleNoIsE/)

Burning_Angel
09-03-2011, 04:52 PM
This was bad. As a black metal fan, this is embarrassing.

I'd crit it but I'd just come off as an asshole. So I'll just say listen to Kvist/Nazxul and Emperor/old Enslaved, and learn the art of Subtlety.

kcorkcar
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
This was bad. As a black metal fan, this is embarrassing.

I'd crit it but I'd just come off as an asshole. So I'll just say listen to Kvist/Nazxul and Emperor/old Enslaved, and learn the art of Subtlety.
sorry if this isnt kvlt enough for you

Scythuz
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Well I for one like it a lot, the only thing i'd say is that in Section 1 the piano and choir part could do with some bass or a light (possibly acoustic) guitar part; just to keep the rhythm going. Overall very good.

Burning_Angel
09-03-2011, 10:15 PM
sorry if this isnt kvlt enough for you
It has nothing to do with being kvlt. Hell, my own music is anything but kvlt. But it has everything to do with this being so so SO stereotypical and generic for everything modern symphonic bm has become. There is nothing subtle about it. Nor is there anything that sets it apart from the masses of modern, popular symphonic black metal like Carach Angren, like Dimmu, like Nagelfar, etc etc. There's the blastbeats carrying the song, the high flowery, stereotypical keyboards, the guitars taking a back seat and not being too invasive/playing relatively simple tremolo picked melodies when they DO come out of the woodwork, and the note choice that's been the same for symphonic bm since Emperor put out Anthems. Really since Emperor put out Nightside.

Basically, if someone made a cookie-cutter for symphonic BM, this is what it would be. And that's my problem with it.

kcorkcar
09-04-2011, 12:10 AM
It has nothing to do with being kvlt. Hell, my own music is anything but kvlt. But it has everything to do with this being so so SO stereotypical and generic for everything modern symphonic bm has become. There is nothing subtle about it. Nor is there anything that sets it apart from the masses of modern, popular symphonic black metal like Carach Angren, like Dimmu, like Nagelfar, etc etc. There's the blastbeats carrying the song, the high flowery, stereotypical keyboards, the guitars taking a back seat and not being too invasive/playing relatively simple tremolo picked melodies when they DO come out of the woodwork, and the note choice that's been the same for symphonic bm since Emperor put out Anthems. Really since Emperor put out Nightside.

Basically, if someone made a cookie-cutter for symphonic BM, this is what it would be. And that's my problem with it.
To be honest, the only Symphonic Black Metal band I really ever listened to was Carach Angren. I have only heard of a max of 6 songs by Dimmu and I never even heard of Nagelfar and the only song I really took an interest into with Emperor was "I am the Black Wizards."
This song really isn't meant to be all that black metal anyway, just wanted to try a more orchestral approach and see what I get. Now, Seven Horns of Majestic Chaos is strong enough on its own without the need of any other instrumentation if that is what you are going for.
The other song I am still working on is just as Symphonic but it does have a moment of complete brutality as far as the riffs go and drum work.
I'm still a bit new to song writing as a whole so we will see how it goes