Slow Motion Implosion (Progressive Blues Rock) (C4C) (Internet Stream)

PDA

View Full Version : Slow Motion Implosion (Progressive Blues Rock) (C4C) (Internet Stream)

STONESHAKER
09-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Hello,

This is a song I've been working on. You can stream it here.

http://nettropolis.bandcamp.com/track/slow-motion-implosion

This song was an experiment in gradually building and releasing intensity as well as a couple other melodic ideas I have been playing with. It's currently in progress and is written as an instrumental, but I don't have plans on writing any lyrics to it.

C4C as always.

PS: If you wander around my website, you will find a few other works in progress.

Tster
09-04-2011, 01:51 AM
gp?

STONESHAKER
09-04-2011, 02:17 AM
You don't need GP to listen, I made it in GP6 and then exported it and put it on that bandcamp website where you can stream it.

FacetOfChaos
09-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Hey, I liked it. It had a nice atmosphere going.

guitar_jew
09-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I like the atmosphere, for sure. Not hearing the blues in it really, which is actually a good thing to me. I like blues and all, but it's the last thing I associate with progressivism in music.

The melodies throughout are all really nice. I can't find much to crit, really. Some of the unison bends were a little odd, although I'm sure they'd be better on a human recording. I'm digging the harmonies that come in around 1:30-ish.

Can't really say much in the way of criticism. It's definitely nice to listen to, although it's more atmospheric than melodic. After my second listen, I'm still having a hard time recalling a specific melody.

Other than that, it was good fun to listen to.