UG Tribute collab!!

PDA

View Full Version : UG Tribute collab!!

Kirborg
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
this just popped in my head and I thought it'd be a neat idea

basically everyone who wants to join writes an original song in the style of an artist/band of their choice. then if we have like 10 of them we all past them together in a zippie so that we have our very own UG Tabs & Chords tribute album

the songs don't have to be super complicated or anything it's just for a little fun (though of course if you want to go all out by all means do so!!)

if anyone feels up for this just post the artist you wanna cover and we'll go from there

j-falafel
09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm in the process of writing a melodic death metal song that sounds like Dreamshade to me. I'd be happy to share it, if that's what you're looking for.

kishintai
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm planning to buy finally some recording gear. So when the time will come I will happily contribute to this collab.

Wquennasar
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Dibs on Backstreet Boys

Kirborg
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm in the process of writing a melodic death metal song that sounds like Dreamshade to me. I'd be happy to share it, if that's what you're looking for.

sure. I'd prefer people not to hand in old completed songs because that kind of defeats the purpose of making an effort together but if you're still working on it then that's ok

Dibs on Backstreet Boys

i can already see this collab is going places!

ApatheticMe
09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
i will do something.....if this gets off the ground,....i could have swore i responded to this thread earlier....i must be on something.....well i am but.....ehh.....

Kirborg
09-13-2011, 12:18 PM
no one else up for this?

if so im gonna can this. shame it seemed fun

CheesyMozarella
09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Do you mean a whole song, or more of a segment?

FacetOfChaos
09-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Worth a shot. Not going to reserve a spot just in case I don't manage to get something done in time, but I will start on a piece.

Shaharz
09-15-2011, 01:58 PM
I kinda got something that maybe good for that :P

Not exactly a-song-in-a-style-of-a-band nor is it a cover, more like a fun mash up between two unrelated songs.
I wanted to play this with my band a while ago one some show, but... then my band broke up, so this has been unused :P