Pop Punk sort of C4C
View Full Version : Pop Punk sort of C4C
09-10-2011, 12:58 AM
This is sort of pop punk I guess, but it's in a minor key, so whatever. Just let me know what you think, any suggestions you have would be welcome.
Mean Mr Mustard
09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Glad to hear some pop punk on this forum ;)
Anyways, Ill crit from the intro as I listen to the song:
- The intro could use some "let ring" up in there
- Could add some cymbals to help when the distorted guitars ring out for a bar
- Distortion intro was good, for some reason it reminded me of new MCR though.
- Verse 1 had that nice punk drum beat behind it, I like.
- The vocals have been okay so far except I didn't like the melody of bar 38. Oh and also, the same notes were used throughout the verse and chorus, so maybe to give it some oomph you could add a higher harmony to it.
- Really liked the Pre-Verse, liked the vocals, favorite section so far.
- Liked the bass and drums break, but the drums needed some tom fills and stuff added in.
- Bridge was great, and led into the chorus very nicely.
- Nice job incorporating the intro as the outro section, and then ending on that Pre-Verse fill. It made for a very complete sounding song.
So overall, it was very good. Honestly, it was more like an A7X or MCR song than it was a punk song, but I enjoyed it so who cares. It was fast paced and kept me interested throughout, good job.
Could C4C with this (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478362)
vBulletin v3.0.9, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.