Balboa

PDA

View Full Version : Balboa

DimebagLivesOn
09-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Pretty cool post-hardcoreish band, they've done a split with the almighty Rosetta.

http://www.last.fm/music/Balboa

I have their Manifeste Cannibale EP, it's good so far.

nashawa
09-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I believe I mentioned them in the OP of the Rosetta thread. I've never heard any other talk about them on here until now.

Shame.

DimebagLivesOn
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Have you listened to their split? I'll be getting it right now.

harrymac
09-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Vasco Nunez de Balboa (1475-1519) was a Spanish conquistador and explorer who was the first European to see the eastern part of the Pacific Ocean (in 1513), crossing the Isthmus of Panama.

In 1500, Balboa sailed with Rodrigo de Bastidas from Spain to Colombia, South America. They searched for treasures (pearls and gold) along the northern coast of South America and in the Gulf of Uraba (near San Sebastian). They were forced to abandon their leaky ship in Hispaniola. The penniless Balboa tried, unsuccessfully, to farm for a living.

DimebagLivesOn
09-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the short history lesson.

Anyway, I listened to the split with Rosetta called Project Mercury. Holy fuck is it cool, I wish there were more splits with Rosetta.

phoenix_crush
09-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Vasco Nunez de Balboa (1475-1519) was a Spanish conquistador and explorer who was the first European to see the eastern part of the Pacific Ocean (in 1513), crossing the Isthmus of Panama.

In 1500, Balboa sailed with Rodrigo de Bastidas from Spain to Colombia, South America. They searched for treasures (pearls and gold) along the northern coast of South America and in the Gulf of Uraba (near San Sebastian). They were forced to abandon their leaky ship in Hispaniola. The penniless Balboa tried, unsuccessfully, to farm for a living.
Joey would love you.

nashawa
09-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Have you listened to their split? I'll be getting it right now.
I've been listening to them longer than I've been listening to Rosetta.

asator
09-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I haven't got anything except the Rosetta split, but their half is great.