I went to take a poo and out popped a butterfly. (Moon Rock?)

PDA

View Full Version : I went to take a poo and out popped a butterfly. (Moon Rock?)

STONESHAKER
09-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Made you look.

No really, I went to write a song for my concept album and I got these three ideas. after playing with a couple rhythmic ideas. I think it's kind of catchy, but I'm kind of questioning it because it's way too happy (I think).

Happy isn't a problem, but the whole atmosphere I was going for was "driving a car into the sky", inspired by one drive over the Tapanzee Bridge where the special brownies I had eaten earlier made me feel like I was actually driving into the sky for a second. Why am I doing this? It's part of a concept album I'm trying to write.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to give it a listen and offer me their insight, I'll return it with a critique of my own. Just post a link to your music.

http://nettropolis.bandcamp.com/track/im-really-not-sure-what-to-call-this-one

MobiuZ
09-14-2011, 06:58 AM
well it indeed does sound like a piece of shit :peace:

nah its ok but boring and generic at best , keep working at it

Emperor's Child
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Maybe you should eat more "special brownies" when writing the music. Seriously though, it's nice but when I hear "driving a car into the sky" I think of ambient prog or something.

STONESHAKER
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
On the contrary, I think I was ridiculously stoned last night when I wrote/posted this, which explains the stupid/happy mood of the song.

Anyways, after getting unstoned and listening to this again this morning, I don't think I'm going to work on this one anymore... too poppy for my taste, although I'll hang on to it and maybe work parts of it into my other songs with different harmonies.

Thanks for listening anyways though.