An Epic of Proportions (GP5 Heavy Metal, C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : An Epic of Proportions (GP5 Heavy Metal, C4C)

Kaz3-6-0
09-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey UG, I was just messing around with my acoustic this korning and came up with this intro riff and expanded from there. The solos may be a little raunchy, as I decided to take the Dave Mustaine method of "Playing with hate and making the guitar squeal like a little girl," but I don't think it turned out the way I wanted, haha. I plan on recording a demo of this in the next week, and I plan on having some Savatage-ey vocals, with a "Queen of the Reich"-esque scream in the begining at bar 34

Thanks!

frankibo
09-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Well if you only wrote this earlier this korning then I'm very impressed.

Kaz3-6-0
09-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Why thank you. Good korning to you too. It actually took half the day to write the whole thing, I just wrote the beginning in the morning

robertito696
09-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Korning sounds like a medieval town, Korningwood too.

Anyway, that was pretty good. It had a nwobhm/power metal vibe, which I don't love, but it was well executed none the less. The intro acoustic is excellent, there's a beauty in it's simplicity and it contrasts nicely with the fast paced aggression of rest of the song.

The distorted guitar use some of my favorite intervals. I think the verse would be better if the chords rang out a bit longer, that staccato sort of delivery gets tiring after a while. I also really like the chords in the chorus but I'm not a fan of the 16th notes leading up to them, not sure what you can do about that, some variation in rhythm would help I suppose.

The solos also did little for me, though I liked the clean one. They didn't seem to add to the music at all.

Overall though, I liked it, for all my criticism there was some awesome stuff. A few tweaks to the chorus and verse, and some reworked solo's would help immensely.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28194000#post28194000