Reversing Blood (Experimental/Psychedelic) (GP5 GP4 C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Blood (Experimental/Psychedelic) (GP5 GP4 C4C)

SOADisdabest
09-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Latest piece, this one's a bit unusual I think, hopefully not too much so. I like it though, so leave a crit and I'll try and get back as soon as I can. (RSE highly recommended.)

mka12992
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
The chord progression/arpeggio is weird, a bit jarring at first, but I grew to like it very quickly.

Bar 33, the distorted guitar there is wonderful. Reminds me of Nine Inch Nails, which is a good thing, because I love NIN.

Love the break at bar 45.

I thought it was pretty good. It's not what I'd usually listen to, but I think that makes me appreciate it even more. It was very soothing at points, too, which I liked.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480956
That's my newest piece, if you wouldn't mind checking it out.

Life Is Brutal
09-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Intro progression is really interesting, and I really like the way the drums and theme develops. The overall feel for the piece is laid back, and great overall.

I'm going say I didn't like the sudden cut off into the drums at 45, that was kinda strange, although the reiteration of the main theme was great. :haha:

I'm working on a few pieces at the moment, and somehow I'm finding time for composing in College, but for the moment I don't have anything that needs critting.

huevos
09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
The unusual chords and phrasing made for an interesting ride. I like how you kept the song relatively rhythmically centered, amidst all the loopy melodic content.
And the vocal/synth (organ/piano) doodads were refreshing.

The drum focus at 45 was kinda off-putting, but it does work to flesh out the main theme a bit more.

Also, at the end, you should resolve the song on a quarter note D for the bass and a whole note D dyad thingy on the jazz guitar. It gets a great panning effect, while giving the song closure.