supa sick synth riff (gp5)

PDA

View Full Version : supa sick synth riff (gp5)

amonamarthmetal
09-20-2011, 12:27 AM
sounds quite brootal and stuff

pailoong
09-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Sounds like the intro music to the most bad-ass fighting game EVER.

frankibo
09-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Sounds like Asking Alexandria. In my world people would be hung for that. The synth and piano is nice but the chug a chug ruins it.

amonamarthmetal
09-20-2011, 12:09 PM
the chuggity was a last minute addition. i was gonna make it an outro or something but then i added the guitar cause i like chuggity. and asking alexandria are ghay.

FacetOfChaos
09-20-2011, 12:52 PM
I thought it was pretty cool actually. I liked it.

amonamarthmetal
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I thought it was pretty cool actually. I liked it.
did you think the guitar and percussion took away from the main motif?

FacetOfChaos
09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
did you think the guitar and percussion took away from the main motif?
No, I didn't. I thought it could fit pretty well into a piece. The drums and guitar add a more driving feel to it. You could even start off with the riff without any guitar or percussion and then introduce it like you originally had in order to develop it a bit (or at least get more mileage from the riff). Without them, it feels more atmospheric and with it, it feels more energetic and driving. It's all a matter of style.

pailoong
09-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, don't worry about whether it sounds like this-band-that-people-shouldn't-like or that. If you like it and it gets your point across, it's good.

I liked it a lot. It inspired me to start experimenting with parts that are more keyboard-focused. I tend to have everything more guitar-focused and keyboards filling in spaces.