Melodic Death Metal (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : Melodic Death Metal (GP5)

Kaz3-6-0
09-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Just thought I'd try my hand at writing Melodic death metal songs, they've been one of my favorite genres. I'm not much of a keyboard player, so the keyboard rhythms are just simple ones. Guitar pro is really confusing to use the mix table, so some of the parts might be barely audible. The guitar solo at bar 98 is just a "filler" solo, it's just there so you and I will know where the solo will be, I'll probably change it up a bit if I do end up recording this. I am thinking of recording the vocals for this myself, with a bit of a Children of Bodom twist to it. There will most likely be vocals during the chorus melody

Thanks!

STONESHAKER
09-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Cool beans.

The intro has a nice feel to it and the verse is a logical build up on that theme without being repetitive. Keys add nice harmonies without being too forward.

In the chorus, the harmonized guitar leads are very good, I like how they transition into the post chorus the second time they are introduced. Post chorus is excellent. Interlude is a tad boring at first but the keys add a bit of character as it goes on.

Intro reprise is well placed before the solo section. Solo itself sounds good even on GP6, would be interested to hear it recorded. Like how the solo kind of continues into the gallop interlude with that melody over the top, then develops into a new part/mood entirely.

Cutting to the keys during the instrument is a cool idea, personally I like to cut to the bass or the drums but that's because I don't use keys in songwriting much. Outro is good, song as a whole is solid. Are there vocals?

Kaz3-6-0
09-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks man! No, there aren't any vocals as of yet, the lyrics are still being worked on. The lyrical content, so far, is about a catastrophe but looking towards the future (hence the major key melody and harmonies), but it might change over the course of the next few days