East End (indie, FFO American Football, etc)

PDA

View Full Version : East End (indie, FFO American Football, etc)

Amuro Jay
09-26-2011, 11:48 PM
A chill, laid back track. Lots of interesting things going on but it's not in your face. Possibly staying as an instrumental.

Drums were written by TheReverend724, except for the crappy parts, those were done by me. He also altered the main melody starting at bar 35.

c4c, and thanks in advance.

STONESHAKER
09-27-2011, 02:03 PM
That's cool man. I like that F# in the first harmony, gives it a nice mysterious sound and you resolve it nicely. Good build up with the drums here, like the closed hi-hat beat that comes in after the snare quite a bit. Gives the feeling of motion.

Next melody is cool, reminds me of older Minus the Bear a little bit. Some harmonized vocals would work well over this part, I think. Drum parts throughout the song so far have been very progressive and interesting. The bridge part and the calm break that happens at the end of the song could go on a bit further in my opinion though.

C4C? Links in the sig.

tomtheoverlord
09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
I enjoyed it.

Mean Mr Mustard
09-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm not going to go in depth, but I really liked it. Quite a fan of the genre, and though the song itself is well written, the drums are what really boost it over the edge. Very entertaining patterns and fills. Good work overall though.

EDIT: Oh, I did think it could use a better, clearer ending though

Joshua1207
09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
I liked the song. The intro, while not the most original thing ever, is pretty good. You harmonized everything throughout the song p well. Only problem is I think you could add some more sections in the song to keep it more entertaining, but I enjoyed it as it is. Although I agree that you could probably work on a better ending, maybe extending the song.

chronos1989
04-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow I really love your style man, I could easliy be a fan! haha.
Liked this song! And "Clouds" also... those are very unique and if I'd have an album of this #!t I'd listen t it whenever Im mad or something ,it gives me so much peace... Your work is amazing, I cannot judge it in ANY WAY....

Looking forward to hear more of you work! :)

Amuro Jay
04-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow I really love your style man, I could easliy be a fan! haha.
Liked this song! And "Clouds" also... those are very unique and if I'd have an album of this #!t I'd listen t it whenever Im mad or something ,it gives me so much peace... Your work is amazing, I cannot judge it in ANY WAY....

Looking forward to hear more of you work! :)Thanks man, I really appreciate it. That's got to be one of the most validating things I've ever read about my music, and it really means a lot to me. Makes me happy.