Is this worth pursuing?

PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth pursuing?

Faceless_khaos
09-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Its only three riffs, not very long. I felt super inspired today to try something new, this is nothing near anything I have ever written before. It feels very emotional, but I dunno. I just started recording the intro clean riff on a loop and played this shredder solo over top of it, all just went from there.

Are the riffs weak? I know it's really hard to see what a song is with just this much but I have hit a wall...

Jim #4
09-29-2011, 05:09 AM
i would always say: If you like it...**** what others say.

but i think the lead(Guitar III 18-21) part just makes it a mess

otherwise keep working

GaryBillington
09-29-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm at work, so can't listen to it, but I will say this: it's always worth pursuing, never throw anything away.

Even if you don't end up using these 3 riffs now, you may use 1 next year, 1 the year after that and the last one in 10 years time.

You never know when an unused idea will become relevant again.

STONESHAKER
09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm at work, so can't listen to it, but I will say this: it's always worth pursuing, never throw anything away.

Even if you don't end up using these 3 riffs now, you may use 1 next year, 1 the year after that and the last one in 10 years time.

You never know when an unused idea will become relevant again.

Dude, you should always try to keep all your old and unused riffs, I took a chord progression I came up with 3 years ago in college and turned it into an outro for one of my songs.