Reverie (Post-rock/Ambient)

PDA

View Full Version : Reverie (Post-rock/Ambient)

Gerbs
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi guys;

Recently finished this song. It's hard to write this kind of thing on Guitar Pro but I've given it my best shot. I think the thing that really I want to know from this is whether with the right sound this *could* be a good song.

I haven't really explored this territory before, I've had a mainly structured outlook prior to this. But I have this idea and another one that I hope to flesh out and record when I get the opportunity - I'd like to know whether it's worth the effort first!

Thanks, and C4C of course,
Gerbs xx

dylann
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
not bad:)

Shortround
10-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I approve! I picture myself falling from space towards Earth, in the best way possible. Totally at peace. :)

And by the end of the song when the synth is fading out alone, I 'ghost heard' the guitar parts moving with it. So, really cool happening, make use of it if you record anything!

Erra93
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I would love to hear it recorded :)

Joshua1207
10-09-2011, 12:01 AM
That was very pleasant. Reminded me a bit of Explosions In The Sky. I especially liked the distortion guitar, gave that spacey feeling to the song. The only real complaint is that you could add a tad more variety, but in this kind of genre repetitiveness is expected. Wish I had more to say.

If you want to critic back... http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487903