Thrice Tour with La Dispute and moving moutain

PDA

View Full Version : Thrice Tour with La Dispute and moving moutain

ShevanelFlip
10-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Holy shiet I cant wait!

Anybody have seen show so far, how are the sets?

technicolour
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
oh god...

TheReverend724
10-03-2011, 01:29 PM
You should post in either the La Dispute or Thrice threads, we've been discussing it

blake1221
10-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't know Rev, he seems to take it a little too seriously.

Kyle<3
10-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Not sure why this would be in here...

I mean this tour is so awesome, but why?

ShevanelFlip
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Id like to know how the bands are on this tour , especially the 2 opening ones since Ive never heard anythign about their live perfomance.

also setlists.

Is thrice playing any older song or concentrate on the album.

Just trying to get a convo jeez guyz, you're as fun as my grandmother(she's dead).

nashawa
10-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Id like to know how the bands are on this tour , especially the 2 opening ones since Ive never heard anythign about their live perfomance.

also setlists.

Is thrice playing any older song or concentrate on the album.

Just trying to get a convo jeez guyz, you're as fun as my grandmother(she's dead).
I bet she was a swell lady.

blake1221
10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Too soon. I miss her. :sad:

TheReverend724
10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Try out setlist.fm

And O, Brother were really cool

IommiPage
10-03-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm going on the 20th. It'll be my third time seeing LD, and my first seeing Thrice and Moving Mountains, both of which I'm super pumped to see. I've only heard one O, Brother song and wasn't too impressed, but I'll still catch them anyway.

If it weren't for TA, PBTT, and Seahaven in November, this would be the show I'm most excited for.

turncoat60%
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
probably wont be able to afford it :/

IommiPage
10-03-2011, 08:06 PM
^That pissed me off too. If it weren't for my undying love for these three bands, I wouldn't have paid. The tickets were $26.50, which is reasonable, but the service charge was $10.50 :angry: I know that's not their fault, but there's so many damn good shows this month (EITS, PBC+Firworks+B&C+Such Gold, Mudhoney, Fucked Up, Gallows+Four Year Strong+Title Fight, Andrew Jackson Jihad, then TA+PBTT+Seahaven and possibly Native in November) and I don't have a fucking job (which is my fault), but luckily I hoard money so I have just enough, but now I've got to do some odd jobs to make enough money for merch and gear.

/ragethatitwillallbeworthitintheend

turncoat60%
10-03-2011, 08:29 PM
yeah i already got tickets for a show 2 days before theirs and its about an hour and half drive from my school. i also drive a truck and am currently broke so maybe next time lol.

TheReverend724
10-03-2011, 08:31 PM
^That pissed me off too. If it weren't for my undying love for these three bands, I wouldn't have paid. The tickets were $26.50, which is reasonable, but the service charge was $10.50 :angry: I know that's not their fault, but there's so many damn good shows this month (EITS, PBC+Firworks+B&C+Such Gold, Mudhoney, Fucked Up, Gallows+Four Year Strong+Title Fight, Andrew Jackson Jihad, then TA+PBTT+Seahaven and possibly Native in November) and I don't have a fucking job (which is my fault), but luckily I hoard money so I have just enough, but now I've got to do some odd jobs to make enough money for merch and gear.

/ragethatitwillallbeworthitintheend
I think it's $26.50 with the service charge, because standalone tickets were $17.50

turncoat60%
10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I think it's $26.50 with the service charge, because standalone tickets were $17.50

yeah thats what i thought too

IommiPage
10-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I though it was unusual, but it really is $37.00 total. I already have my ticket. At first I thought it was a Canadian thing, and that they needed a bit extra for gas to get across the border, or exchange currency or whatever, plus it's a great venue, but now I just remembered that I'll be seeing Title Fight, Gallows, Four Year Strong and two or three other bands on the same bill at that same venue, and it was only $20. I'm also seeing Frank Turner, Andrew Jackson Jihad, and Into It. Over It. there, and it was only $21 including a $5 service charge...

Blehh, if only these bands weren't so damn good I'd be upset.

datskramzkid
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
It's $30 in Montreal, which is way too much for La Dispute. No thanks.

TheReverend724
10-03-2011, 10:10 PM
It's $30 in Montreal, which is way too much for La Dispute. No thanks.
The show is definitely worth $30 :shrug:

All the bands were killer, especially Thrice

Amuro Jay
10-04-2011, 01:28 AM
I hope I can get 30 bucks in time for when the show comes up here.

That's harsh, considering I'm gonna have to leave early to catch the train home or face being stranded downtown and raped by homeless men.

lolmnt
10-04-2011, 01:44 AM

All the bands were killer, especially ThriceWhat was their set list like?

TheReverend724
10-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Thrice's?

Yellow Belly
The Weight
Promises
All the World Is Mad
In Exile
Call It in the Air
Silhouette
Cold Cash and Colder Hearts
Circles
Treading Paper
Blur
Words in the Water
Cataracts
Firebreather
The Earth Will Shake
Anthology

Encore:
Phoenix Ignition
To Awake and Avenge the Dead

Dustin Kensrue post-show acoustic set:
Anthology
Pistol
Disarmed

turncoat60%
10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
I hope I can get 30 bucks in time for when the show comes up here.

That's harsh, considering I'm gonna have to leave early to catch the train home or face being stranded downtown and raped by homeless men.
implying thrice isnt worth getting raped by a homeless man. but yeah 30 bucks is a little steep.

lolmnt
10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah. That sounds really good. I need to see them.

Amuro Jay
10-04-2011, 01:49 AM
implying thrice isnt worth getting raped by a homeless man. but yeah 30 bucks is a little steep.
We're not talking about The Gaslight Anthem.

TheReverend724
10-04-2011, 01:53 AM
I love you, Jay

turncoat60%
10-04-2011, 02:00 AM
We're not talking about The Gaslight Anthem.

fallon is homeless?

Amuro Jay
10-04-2011, 02:00 AM
fallon is homeless?I read in an interview that he bought himself a house with the money he made playing guitar.

It was cool.

So no, I guess he isn't homeless.

blake1221
10-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Phoenix Ignition?

So fucking there.

Amuro Jay
10-04-2011, 02:12 AM
I love you, Jay
This is so sudden :o

-tempest-
10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Phoenix Ignition?

So fucking there.
such a good song.

i want to see paper tigers live. dat bassline.

datskramzkid
10-04-2011, 11:19 AM

All the bands were killer, especially Thrice
Could never get in to Thrice, or Moving Mountains. And I'm getting out of LD.

blake1221
10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
such a good song.

My friend in 8th grade gave me a mix CD with a bunch of old Thrice, and I remember loving Artist, and like Revolution Ultrablue and then Phoenix Ignition came on, and he started yelling, and I turned it off. :p:

lookpizza
10-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I've seen Thrice a few times and the only time they were good was at Warped Tour sadly. I also don't think LD will really be that great playing to large crowds like that.

IommiPage
10-04-2011, 04:28 PM
That's a pretty solid set. Do you remember any of LD's?

catalyst329
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
So stoked for this. Im going saturday

catalyst329
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
That's a pretty solid set. Do you remember any of LD's?

A Departure
another new song i think it was Edit Your Hometown
New Storms
Sad Prayers
The Most Beautiful Bitter Fruit
Andria
and another new song i didnt know

Luke200420
10-12-2011, 03:23 PM

I only paid $20 for my ticket when I went to see them last week but I bought an actual hard ticket so maybe its 30 online with all the fees. I'd pay $100 to see Thrice if I had to though.

turncoat60%
10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I only paid $20 for my ticket when I went to see them last week but I bought an actual hard ticket so maybe its 30 online with all the fees. I'd pay $100 to see Thrice if I had to though.

i was joking in that quote but yeah if you buy online its about 30. if i had a job id be all over that

kryptonite22
10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
i wish this tour came to the UK. i dig all four bands to varying degrees but overall that would be a fun night.

IommiPage
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
A Departure
another new song i think it was Edit Your Hometown
New Storms
Sad Prayers
The Most Beautiful Bitter Fruit
Andria
and another new song i didnt know
Was the last song You and I in Unison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3rlZDGmDY)? Please let it be You and I in Unison.

Luke200420
10-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I've seen Thrice a few times and the only time they were good was at Warped Tour sadly. I also don't think LD will really be that great playing to large crowds like that.

You've lost your mind.

zidanetrance
10-14-2011, 01:09 AM
I saw them in Tempe, Arizona. I like all the bands before the lineup was announced. Best show ever because of the lineup. Moving Mountains played mostly new stuff. La Dispute played a lot of new stuff - they played Said The King to the River in addition to the ones mentioned already. O' Brother played all new stuff except one song which I think was Ascension (I don't remember). Thrice played the same set as previously posted so I guess they're not mixing it up unless he posted the Arizona setlist.

nashawa
10-14-2011, 01:12 AM
You've lost your mind.
:lurk:

-tempest-
10-14-2011, 01:32 AM
You've lost your mind.
+1

thrice is usually pretty good live, expect when he forgets his own lyrics haha

Kyle<3
10-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I forget my own lyrics... :(

catalyst329
10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Was the last song You and I in Unison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3rlZDGmDY)? Please let it be You and I in Unison.

yeah it was and they played harder harmonies too.

blake1221
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I forget my own lyrics... :(

It's terrible :(

Luckily, the audience actually knew them last time it happened. :p:

lookpizza
10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
You've lost your mind.

Sorry that big stadiums full of douchebags with generally bad taste in music, listening to dudes just kinda standing there playing half-heartedly isn't really my thing. I'd honestly rather go catch a shitty high school band with some passion in garage than sit through another boring Thrice set.

TheReverend724
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I've seen Thrice 7 times and not once were they even remotely boring

lookpizza
10-14-2011, 05:30 PM
I've seen them 4 times and 3 of the 4 they were incredibly boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOaT8M-yM4
Like this is how they close a show... really?

TheReverend724
10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
That outro is crazy though. I thought it was a great way to end their set

Besides that though, they usually close with their older and faster stuff

lookpizza
10-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I just don't like shows like that, regardless of which of their songs they play they still have the same general atmosphere and energy (or lack thereof). It's the vibe.

nashawa
10-14-2011, 05:50 PM
That outro is crazy though. I thought it was a great way to end their set

Besides that though, they usually close with their older and faster stuff
"Crazy?" The only reason it even seems the slightest bit energetic is because the rest of the song leading up to it is coma-inducing.

zidanetrance
10-14-2011, 10:12 PM
I just don't like shows like that, regardless of which of their songs they play they still have the same general atmosphere and energy (or lack thereof). It's the vibe.

I understand what you're getting at. My favorite band is Brand New. The crowd was really boring and let off a horrible vibe, they ended the set with the softest song Play Crack the Sky. I think they were going to do another full band encore, but the crowd didn't even start a chant for one. I know that's not how their other shows are, but the vibe was shit whether it was because of the band or the fans (the band didn't interact with the crowd at all, not one word).

kylepianoman
10-14-2011, 10:24 PM
I saw them last Saturday and they did great. I think that if moving mountains had more of a following (to contribute to crowd energy and all that) they would have stolen the show, and I never liked La Dispute and still don't but they put on a good live show.

-tempest-
10-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Sorry that big stadiums full of douchebags with generally bad taste in music, listening to dudes just kinda standing there playing half-heartedly isn't really my thing. I'd honestly rather go catch a shitty high school band with some passion in garage than sit through another boring Thrice set.just because people enjoy things differently than you do doesn't make them a douchebag. also, just because the band doesn't run around the stage like angst filled teens doesn't mean the performance was lack luster. why did you see them 4 times if you hate them so much?

lookpizza
10-15-2011, 12:33 AM
just because people enjoy things differently than you do doesn't make them a douchebag. also, just because the band doesn't run around the stage like angst filled teens doesn't mean the performance was lack luster. why did you see them 4 times if you hate them so much?
They've played with other bands I wanted to see or at festivals, and no the fact that they seem like they're falling asleep 50% of time and that I've seen 60 year old men put on more lively shows is what makes the performance lackluster. I'm not even gonna get into the rest of that.

lolmnt
10-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Beggars is a great song.

Kyle<3
10-15-2011, 11:31 AM
They've got good stuff, and they've got boring stuff. It's just not your thing guys, I think lots of the music you dudes listen to is boring... so what?

EDIT: Although I've never seen Thrice live haha.

-tempest-
10-15-2011, 04:27 PM
They've played with other bands I wanted to see or at festivals, and no the fact that they seem like they're falling asleep 50% of time and that I've seen 60 year old men put on more lively shows is what makes the performance lackluster. I'm not even gonna get into the rest of that.
you completely missed the point. so ill say it again, because since once wasn't enough: not everyone enjoys seeing people go nuts(or whatever) on stage. they have chilled songs and they play a chilled set, if you don't like it then don't watch them play. how easy could it be?

zidanetrance
10-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I saw them last Saturday and they did great. I think that if moving mountains had more of a following (to contribute to crowd energy and all that) they would have stolen the show, and I never liked La Dispute and still don't but they put on a good live show.

Yeah, I saw Moving Mountains headline a tour and they are always phenomenal. The crowd generally seemed dead then too though. It might just be Arizona's crappy music scene for the shows I saw (mostly chugging post-hardcore bands with predictable breakdowns and synths). I enjoy La Dispute and I agree, their live show is always good. The fans are great too.

goldmember1217
10-16-2011, 02:09 PM
For Thrice's type of music I'd definitely rather watch them and be able to admire their incredible musicianship and enjoy the songs then see them jump around awkwardly like they're still 19. At a hardcore or pop punk show, yeah the whole place should be moving, but Thrice definitely are neither.

But yeah I'm devastated that I'm missing this tour, one of the best lineups I've seen in months. I was gonna drive up to Covington KY with some people next week for it but it fell through. Although I'm seeing B&C, Hostage Calm, Comeback Kid, Rival Schools, and My Morning Jacket all this week so I ain't even mad brah

lookpizza
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
you completely missed the point. so ill say it again, because since once wasn't enough: not everyone enjoys seeing people go nuts(or whatever) on stage. they have chilled songs and they play a chilled set, if you don't like it then don't watch them play. how easy could it be?

I didn't miss your point, I just chose not to address it because of how ridiculously hypocritical it is. You're lecturing me basically about respecting people's opinions on music, while saying I'm "out of my mind" for thinking Thrice is boring. Exactly the type of posts I'd expect from a Thrice fanboy.

catalyst329
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Just to add to this argument, when i saw thrice two weeks ago they had one of the best encores ive ever seen. I was almost happy they ended it because it got so chaotic. and one of the things thrice does best in my opinion are their really powerful epic parts, which are alot of the times at the end of chill songs like circles and red sky. Circles was probably one of the best songs they played live. One of the reasons i like thrice so much is their ability to play such moving atmospheric slow songs and then go straight into agressive post hardcore

lookpizza
10-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Just to add to this argument, when i saw thrice two weeks ago they had one of the best encores ive ever seen. I was almost happy they ended it because it got so chaotic. and one of the things thrice does best in my opinion are their really powerful epic parts, which are alot of the times at the end of chill songs like circles and red sky. Circles was probably one of the best songs they played live. One of the reasons i like thrice so much is their ability to play such moving atmospheric slow songs and then go straight into agressive post hardcore

Sorry I started reading your post but then got really bored and stopped.

TheReverend724
10-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Mike, you're such an ass :haha:

Kyle<3
10-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Hey Mike, go listen to your screamo and skramz
I'm just gonna go listen to my Thrice jams.
You say they don't dance
But we all know you just want them to take off their pants

Now all the black people behind me go "ohhhhhhhhhh sheeeeaattt"

I'm tired.

TheReverend724
10-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Please do that at an open mic night near you

nashawa
10-18-2011, 02:57 AM
Hey Mike, go listen to your screamo and skramz
I'm just gonna go listen to my Thrice jams.
You say they don't dance
But we all know you just want them to take off their pants

Now all the black people behind me go "ohhhhhhhhhh sheeeeaattt"

I'm tired.
Clearly.

Love the hypocrisy in this thread. Not from anyone in particular, I just love hypocrisy.

lookpizza
10-18-2011, 03:49 PM
I listen to not very much screamo actually.

Luke200420
10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Sorry that big stadiums full of douchebags with generally bad taste in music, listening to dudes just kinda standing there playing half-heartedly isn't really my thing. I'd honestly rather go catch a shitty high school band with some passion in garage than sit through another boring Thrice set.

Don't know what your basing any of that on because Thrice haven't played in big stadiums/arenas in years. Thrice fans tend to be cool and intelligent people with good musical tastes. They also have amazing energy on stage. Have fun standing around garages watching high school kids play.

Kyle<3
10-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I listen to not very much screamo actually.

It flowed well okay?

BK202
10-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Have fun standing around garages watching high school kids play.
I'm pretty sure that (not counting Wavves shows) high school garage punk and screamo shows are the most fun shows I've been to.

So I will have fun.

nashawa
10-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't know what your basing any of that on because Thrice haven't played in big stadiums/arenas in years. Thrice fans tend to be cool and intelligent people with good musical tastes. They also have amazing energy on stage. Have fun standing around garages watching high school kids play.
I imagine you're a little wiener kid with no social skills in real life.

blake1221
10-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Spot on.

Kyle<3
10-22-2011, 04:42 PM
I imagine you're a little wiener kid with no social skills in real life.

What's a wiener kid?

blake1221
10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/ronschott/lwEHtFDvwBslDkBkvcjxIdtdDyspoeGwCHgourJEgGdksHBdHFrgHuasaCkw/media_httpwwwgqcomimagesstyle200911arloweinerarloweinerjpg_ikmvjxBtcGwkDil.jpg.scaled500.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1319316895&Signature=j9fx0XcQZELTLQsfM5JCaLHkpC8%3D