Need recommendations

PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations

Mr Winters
10-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Next month I'm going to see Machine Head live, and there's going to be DevilDriver, Darkest Hour and (sigh) Bring Me The Horizon supporting them. So I want to know what are the best songs from these bands (except Machine Head, of course) or the ones they usually play live.

thanks!

datskramzkid
10-04-2011, 09:33 AM
BMTH will probably play:
It Never Ends
Fuck
Anthem
Diamonds Aren't Forever
Chelsea Smile
Football Season is Over
The Comedown
and maybe
Pray for Plagues
I used to Make out with Medusa
For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only
No Introductions needed: I've heard about girls like you on bathroom stall doors (or something like that)
They won't play all those songs, but generally their setlist consists of a mix of those.
Yeah, this is how bored I am.

Also, you'd probably get a better response if you asked in the respective bands' threads.

blake1221
10-04-2011, 10:11 AM
No Introductions is off of Suicide Season, and they only close with Pray for Plagues. I don't think they'll play anything else off of Count Your Blessings.

asator
10-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Why do you two know so much about Bring Me The Horizon?

blake1221
10-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Because I actually really enjoy Bring Me the Horizon.

Doesn't afraid of anything.

MustangMan311
10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Contrary to popular belief, none of these bands have any good songs. You're going to have a really bad time. Sorry, man.

Morphogenesis26
10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Because I actually really enjoy Bring Me the Horizon.

Doesn't afraid of anything.

Those who are afraid of anything get sent to Siberia to count trees. :cool:

OT: DevilDriver will probably play something from their new album which I haven't listened to and Darkest Hour I don't know what their live set is but anything from Deliver Us is awesome.

EDIT: Periphery and The Faceless don't have any good songs either according to the secret Hessian music book so there! :mad:

asator
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Mostly I'm just confused as to why this is in the hardcore forum. Even by this website's stupid definitions, only one of those bands belongs here (despite the fact that BMTH are not a hardcore band).

llanafreak44
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Contrary to popular belief, none of these bands have any good songs. You're going to have a really bad time. Sorry, man.

lol'd

Morphogenesis26
10-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Mostly I'm just confused as to why this is in the hardcore forum. Even by this website's stupid definitions, only one of those bands belongs here (despite the fact that BMTH are not a hardcore band).

The metal forum would kick out Darkest Hour for being too watered down melodeath along with Bring Me The Horizon. Machine Head and DevilDriver could go in there, though DD is close to LOG and DH so I dunno.

Silly definitions and all that. I still stand by my Outcast forum idea. :o

MustangMan311
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Those who are afraid of anything get sent to Siberia to count trees. :cool:

OT: DevilDriver will probably play something from their new album which I haven't listened to and Darkest Hour I don't know what their live set is but anything from Deliver Us is awesome.

EDIT: Periphery and The Faceless don't have any good songs either according to the secret Hessian music book so there! :mad:
It's all good man, I'm into Cryptopsy and Gorguts so I'm in the clear.

Morphogenesis26
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
It's all good man, I'm into Cryptopsy and Gorguts so I'm in the clear.

Fine, as long as there is balance. :o

asator
10-04-2011, 01:51 PM
The metal forum would kick out Darkest Hour for being too watered down melodeath along with Bring Me The Horizon. Machine Head and DevilDriver could go in there, though DD is close to LOG and DH so I dunno.

Silly definitions and all that. I still stand by my Outcast forum idea. :o
I don't really care what the metal forum likes. The fact is that those are all metal bands (except BMTH). They might be watered down shit, but they are still metal. They are by no means hardcore, and putting a thread about them here makes no sense whatsoever. It would literally hold the same amount of relevance in the alt/indie forum.

Morphogenesis26
10-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't really care what the metal forum likes. The fact is that those are all metal bands (except BMTH). They might be watered down shit, but they are still metal. They are by no means hardcore, and putting a thread about them here makes no sense whatsoever. It would literally hold the same amount of relevance in the alt/indie forum.

100% Agree, I was just trying to be specific.

Indie you say?

How....

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/images/6_r152366.jpg

Ironic. :o

blake1221
10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
lol'd.

a bit.