A house dance thing(GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : A house dance thing(GP5)

Guitar0player
10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
This is a piece, influenced by house acts such as Daft Punk and Deadmou5.

It is to be executed by a guitar/drums power duo.

Sorry, I accidentally added the non updated version.

Guitar0player
10-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Bump

guitar_jew
10-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Go read the sticky about forgotten rules, and don't bump your threads again. Critique someone else's work, and link your thread. That's how this community works, buddy.

I don't hear too much house in this, really. It sounds more like Devo or something. Then again, the only 'house' I listen to is deadmau5, and I know next to nothing about electronic music's anal subgenres, so I might be wrong on that.

Maybe pirate FL Studio or something, and actually make a song out of this with that or a similar program? The MIDI might just be killing the vibe that's so essential to dance music. As is, it's not really doing it for me.

Shaharz
10-16-2011, 09:14 AM
מה קורה אחי? :P

Well, it's nice. Very repetitive, but you were going for House so I guess it has to be repetitive :haha:
But like guitar_jew said, it doesn't sound very house (I also don't really listen to house so maybe I'm wrong).

Anyways, the synthy riff is pretty cool, sounds kinda nice even in MIDI. The second riff (45-68) is good as well.
The clean guitar on the other hand, I don't like how it sounds nor what it's playing. I don't think it's the MIDI that's the problem, I just don't like how it sounds very much.

If you wanna C4C, check out something in my sig.

Guitar0player
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Well, I noticed the MIDI often kills most of the vibe.

When I wrote something in GP and then recorded it, it was like a day and night difference.