Going into symphonic metal [GP5]/[MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Going into symphonic metal [GP5]/[MIDI]

Zeletros
10-07-2011, 04:09 AM
I want to make a symphonic metal band, possibly instrumental, in the future.

But I want to write some material first, am I going in the right direction?

Hail
10-07-2011, 04:19 AM
intro sounded fairly...breaking benjamin, radio-y. i'd put some more heavy in there and expand a lot on the intro, personally. it is in the right direction, but symphonic metal is both heavy and (typically) repetitive thematically. being able to introduce more melodies, counter-melodies, harmonies, whatever to each individual part to expand is very important. this 30-bar clip isn't going to be an accurate representation of that "expansive" feeling i expect from a symphonic composition, personally. that's just my opinion, though. i'm considering playing with it myself, if you'd give me permission, because the basic parts are there, and you could probably make a several-minute-long piece with just the stuff provided with some clever additions and such.

note it's 3am and i'm kinda spacey right now, so forgive me for lack of clarity.

Zeletros
10-07-2011, 04:26 AM
intro sounded fairly...breaking benjamin, radio-y. i'd put some more heavy in there and expand a lot on the intro, personally. it is in the right direction, but symphonic metal is both heavy and (typically) repetitive thematically. being able to introduce more melodies, counter-melodies, harmonies, whatever to each individual part to expand is very important. this 30-bar clip isn't going to be an accurate representation of that "expansive" feeling i expect from a symphonic composition, personally. that's just my opinion, though. i'm considering playing with it myself, if you'd give me permission, because the basic parts are there, and you could probably make a several-minute-long piece with just the stuff provided with some clever additions and such.

note it's 3am and i'm kinda spacey right now, so forgive me for lack of clarity.

I have no idea who that is.

I didn't get the 2ond thing you said, and thanks for checking it out