Death Awaits the Open Horizons (doom/black, post-metal) [GP4/GP5/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Death Awaits the Open Horizons (doom/black, post-metal) [GP4/GP5/MIDI]

Subguy
10-08-2011, 10:57 PM
wrote this a long time ago, wonder if you people dig this

Rossielle
10-09-2011, 08:33 AM
wrote this a long time ago, wonder if you people dig this
i said just WOW. it is an amazing song i like the string,but i think you could improve them a little to have an better progression.

look at this and tell me if you like

Burning_Angel
10-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Dont have time right now for more of a crit, but I would honestly say the best way to improve this is to cut out the first four bars completely. They're completely superfluous and dont even add to the atmosphere or fit the mood...

And the drums need some work on transitions/helping transitions...

bassburton
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I really enjoyed this. It has avery Agalloch feel to it. Especially with the simple power chord and melody combo. I certainly notice you gave it your own flair though. Especially with the low register 2 note guitar chords. The only real thing you could do (in my opinion) is "breathing" a little more life into the bass to really aid in the atmosphere of the song.

Also... The guitar melody at bar 69 is so wonderful and yet... so simple. I do agree with the other users though... in that the song could still use some work to further improve it. But overall, you got something really good going on. It has a lot of potential.

Did not particularly like the blast section to be honest, I feel it detracted from the overall flow from the song. You have a very keen sense for melodies though.

Subguy
10-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Dont have time right now for more of a crit, but I would honestly say the best way to improve this is to cut out the first four bars completely. They're completely superfluous and dont even add to the atmosphere or fit the mood...

And the drums need some work on transitions/helping transitions...

i don't really want it to start at the riff afterwards, i didn't have an idea for it.