A Hope For Tomorrow

PDA

View Full Version : A Hope For Tomorrow

tancanada
10-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Pretty decent happy/melodic metalcore, one of the better local bands around here. They're a little overproduced though, live their vocals sound more like TA shouting than actual screaming.

http://www.facebook.com/ahopefortomorrow

datskramzkid
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Rock out 4 Christ

lookpizza
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
It's like this band could be good, if they weren't bad. I don't know what else to say.

technicolour
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
"We have a passion to share the love of God and music. Our purpose is to reach out to everyone through love because God is love."

nope.

InstantAXonHero
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I piss in Christ's mouth.

zezimathehero
10-12-2011, 12:53 AM
This is not very good.

tancanada
10-13-2011, 12:58 PM
You haven't been to a show around here! These guys are the one light at the end of the Tampa deathcore whirlpool/tunnel/black hole :(

Kyle<3
10-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Rock out 4 Christ

"We have a passion to share the love of God and music. Our purpose is to reach out to everyone through love because God is love."

nope.

I piss in Christ's mouth.

Let's take a chill pill guys. Christians are allowed to make music too.

I honestly didn't listen to the band though, which is where my judgement lies.

technicolour
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Let's take a chill pill guys. Christians are allowed to make music too.

no they're not, their god told them not to:

http://www.albatrus.org/english/church-order/worship/drums_suitable_worship_god.htm

But serious, christianity, and most religions have no place in punk/hardcore/metal.

synestershadows
10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
They're not bad, but nothing special.

Kyle<3
10-13-2011, 06:59 PM

http://www.albatrus.org/english/church-order/worship/drums_suitable_worship_god.htm

But serious, christianity, and most religions have no place in punk/hardcore/metal.

Hahaha, that website...

tancanada
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM

Do you always use the most radical sources when you argue? Your english teacher must have loved that

technicolour
10-13-2011, 10:42 PM
my english did love me, but I think it was because I'm a lotr nerd.

nashawa
10-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I want to say something about how I agree with Justin (to a less radical extent), but I'm too tired to formulate thoughts on the subject right now. So I'll say this and be gone:

There is nothing wrong with writing worship music, but writing music in a genre that was formed against the very ideals that worship music stands for is hypocritical, immature and naive. Acting like they don't deserve flak (and, conversely, acting like being in a christian metalcore band either makes you edgy and/or a martyr of some sort because people ostracize you) is pretty foolish.

So do it if you want, but A) accept the consequences and B) don't use it as fodder for the fruitless "everyone hates us Christians; we're so misunderstood even though we live in the most Christian God fearing nation in the world" argument.

technicolour
10-13-2011, 10:54 PM
I want to say something about how I agree with Justin (to a less radical extent), but I'm too tired to formulate thoughts on the subject right now. So I'll say this and be gone:

There is nothing wrong with writing worship music, but writing music in a genre that was formed against the very ideals that worship music stands for is hypocritical, immature and naive. Acting like they don't deserve flak (and, conversely, acting like being in a christian metalcore band either makes you edgy and/or a martyr of some sort because people ostracize you) is pretty foolish.

I basically agree 100%.

datskramzkid
10-13-2011, 11:07 PM
It's not their Christianity that sucks, because singing about something with strong conviction is good, but the fact that they do it in such an unoriginal, lame lyrical way is just bad.
I mean, no one gives flak to Underoath for being Christian (well, not as many people), and they're really Christian.

nashawa
10-13-2011, 11:10 PM
It's not their Christianity that sucks, because singing about something with strong conviction is good, but the fact that they do it in such an unoriginal, lame lyrical way is just bad.
I mean, no one gives flak to Underoath for being Christian (well, not as many people), and they're really Christian.
This is a big thing for me too. I'm not a fan of Underoath, but I'd never say my disdain for them is caused by their beliefs. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bands that are insufferable solely for what they say.

datskramzkid
10-13-2011, 11:29 PM
This is a big thing for me too. I'm not a fan of Underoath, but I'd never say my disdain for them is caused by their beliefs. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bands that are insufferable solely for what they say.
I'd compare it to straight edge kids who just are way too preachy and annoying about being edge, or any band who tries way too hard to be... 'something'.

technicolour
10-14-2011, 01:37 AM
I'd compare it to straight edge kids who just are way too preachy and annoying about being edge, or any band who tries way too hard to be... 'something'.

except being edge is counter (bad aspect of) western culture, where as christianity is...well pretty much undefendable.

Kyle<3
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Well there's this.

Also, I'm pretty sure a lot of people who aren't informed of how to be true punx/or metal dudes listen to the same kind of music. I mean anyone is free to make any kind of music they want, its a form of expression, and not just reserved for those who put 666 stickers on their guitar cases. If someone wants to evangelize to try to reach a group of people they might not otherwise get to, I have no problem.

Me personally (I still haven't listened to the band...) doesn't prefer it when they happen to take a generic form of music and make it "Christian." So I'm kind of split on the issue, although I know there's probably a good amount of people who will like their music, even though I'm not one of them.

Kyle<3
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
It's like this band could be good, if they weren't bad. I don't know what else to say.

After listening to them, this is how I feel.

They do have some cool parts, in the first song I listened to.