The Beginning of Nothing is the End of Everything (Metal)

PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning of Nothing is the End of Everything (Metal)

gabrielcev
10-13-2011, 03:15 AM
I want to start a band so I can record this song that I wrote just now. I know I can do much better than this but I wanted to start of simple with the band to see if we can pull it off. Anyway please critique. Is this song worth recording or should I just scrap it and start new. Would you listen to it?

It's called The Beginning of Nothing is the End of Everything.
I know it sounds pretentious but it isnt because its true and it sounds epic.

xlRainlx
10-13-2011, 03:57 AM
This aint half bad. I like it. A little repetitive but that's okay since it's gonna have lyrics anyway. The solo was pretty good too. Definitely a metalcore song I'd enjoy playing along to!

Erra93
10-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Everything except Verse Riff 1 is really good, in my opinion you should definitely try to make a new verse riff that makes more sense with the rest of the song, if you know what I mean? :)

Also, the solo riff seems a little off too, it sounds more rock than metal to be honest :p
To be really honest, I think all of Solo 1 sounds more rock than metal (which I don't like), but if that's what you're going for you got it right I guess :p
Solo 2 however, definitely in my taste and sounds more fitting with the rest of the song :)

I really enjoyed the intro, pre-chorus, chorus and solo 2, yes it's a little repetitive, but it's definitely something I'd listen to with good vocals over it :)

If you'd change those parts (verse, solo riff and solo 1) (that is, if you feel the same way about them), you'd have a pretty damn good song :)

PS. Not saying those riffs are bad or anything, it's simply my opinion that they don't quite live up to the rest of the song (which is really good) <3

gabrielcev
10-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Everything except Verse Riff 1 is really good, in my opinion you should definitely try to make a new verse riff that makes more sense with the rest of the song, if you know what I mean? :)

Also, the solo riff seems a little off too, it sounds more rock than metal to be honest :p
To be really honest, I think all of Solo 1 sounds more rock than metal (which I don't like), but if that's what you're going for you got it right I guess :p
Solo 2 however, definitely in my taste and sounds more fitting with the rest of the song :)

I really enjoyed the intro, pre-chorus, chorus and solo 2, yes it's a little repetitive, but it's definitely something I'd listen to with good vocals over it :)

If you'd change those parts (verse, solo riff and solo 1) (that is, if you feel the same way about them), you'd have a pretty damn good song :)

PS. Not saying those riffs are bad or anything, it's simply my opinion that they don't quite live up to the rest of the song (which is really good) <3

Cool

Shaharz
10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Didn't really enjoy the solo. Other than that it's nice, I bet it sounds pretty cool with vocals