Under Pressure (Prog/ symphonic/ jazz/ metal/ experimental)

PDA

View Full Version : Under Pressure (Prog/ symphonic/ jazz/ metal/ experimental)

Semola94
10-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi all :) , this is my first post here, tell me what you think about this song. criticism and suggestions are welcome!sorry for my bad english :haha:

frankibo
10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
That jazz was ****ing sexy. ****ing sexy.
Didn't like the drums at Riff 5, too slow.
Otherwise well done, excellent song.

Semola94
10-26-2011, 10:04 AM
thanks, I appreciate it :)

Todd Hart
10-31-2011, 12:05 PM
This is undoubtedly one of my favourite songs I've heard on UG. Very good. The drums were a tad lacklustre at times, but it didn't detract from the piece too much.

Semola94
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
This is undoubtedly one of my favourite songs I've heard on UG. Very good. The drums were a tad lacklustre at times, but it didn't detract from the piece too much.
Thank you very much! :)

Taclite
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM

Don't do that. Bumping is against the rules.

Riff 2 sounds like it's straight out of a point & click adventure game, along the likes of Deja Vu.

MorbidAngel1989
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Pretty interesting piece. Like others have said the drums are lacking. Maybe making them interesting can make the piece livelier? The piece itself is well done otherwise. Riff 2 actually kinda reminded me of Santana-esque Latin music type stuff a bit. RIff 3 does sound like something from a game though. Riff 5, that whole section kinda boring imo. Not much going on with average guitar riff. Riff 6/Verse 1 sounds awesome though I like that riff with the piano going with it. Chorus was alright. Wasn't a big fan of the guitar part personal but w/e. Everything except the guitar riffs at Riff 7 was awesome, even the drums. Verse 2-5 served their purpose, individually they are okay together it works out. Riff 8 was pure awesome. The solos would sound much better with real instruments instead of crappy MIDI. The drum build up in Riff 9 could've been done much better. Maybe starting with a ride and then to crash cymbals, maybe have some toms or snares if you want. And really accent the last hit before going into the verse. I really liked this piece overall, very different. C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499928

Semola94
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Pretty interesting piece. Like others have said the drums are lacking. Maybe making them interesting can make the piece livelier? The piece itself is well done otherwise. Riff 2 actually kinda reminded me of Santana-esque Latin music type stuff a bit. RIff 3 does sound like something from a game though. Riff 5, that whole section kinda boring imo. Not much going on with average guitar riff. Riff 6/Verse 1 sounds awesome though I like that riff with the piano going with it. Chorus was alright. Wasn't a big fan of the guitar part personal but w/e. Everything except the guitar riffs at Riff 7 was awesome, even the drums. Verse 2-5 served their purpose, individually they are okay together it works out. Riff 8 was pure awesome. The solos would sound much better with real instruments instead of crappy MIDI. The drum build up in Riff 9 could've been done much better. Maybe starting with a ride and then to crash cymbals, maybe have some toms or snares if you want. And really accent the last hit before going into the verse. I really liked this piece overall, very different. C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499928
Thanks for your helpful suggestions, I will try to improve the song, especially the drums, perhaps with the 'help of my drummer