Fall In Archaea (FFO: Structures, Tony Danza, The Contortionist etc.)

PDA

View Full Version : Fall In Archaea (FFO: Structures, Tony Danza, The Contortionist etc.)

synestershadows
10-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't know why there isn't a thread for these dudes. Solid tunes. Tech Metalcore fans will be pleased. http://www.facebook.com/fallinarchaea

datskramzkid
10-26-2011, 11:49 PM
They toured with that band there, Beheading of a King, the local one where the singer killed himself.

That's all I have to contribute.

Magero
10-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I enjoy all of the bands mentioned in this thread so far, especially Fall in Archaea and Beheading of a King. :p:

So keen for a full length from FiA, the Gatherings EP is still on high-rotation for me.

synestershadows
10-26-2011, 11:59 PM
BoaK is alright. FiA is where it's at.

thecrowing33
10-27-2011, 12:00 AM
I almost made a thread for them. They're pretty darn good. Structures, Danza, and FiA would be a sweet tour.

Levi79
10-27-2011, 02:02 AM
I <3 Fia!

blake1221
10-27-2011, 02:16 AM
Yay! More Structures sounding shit! :D

datskramzkid
10-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I headlined BoaK's first ever show!

synestershadows
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I headlined BoaK's first ever show!
Really? What band?

technicolour
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I see they steal most of their song structure from emmure, minus some weedley-ing accompanied by blast beats once and awhile.

datskramzkid
10-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Really? What band?
Peroxyde (http://www.myspace.com/peroxydemusic) We were actually not that bad. We had a semi-good following locally. BOAK's original singer, before the one who killed himself worked with my buddy in my hometown.

Also, FiA are going out on a US tour with Your Memorial and Sovereign Strength, and they're donating all the proceeds. Respect.
http://www.facebook.com/hopeforthenationstour

synestershadows
10-27-2011, 09:22 PM
I see they steal most of their song structure from emmure, minus some weedley-ing accompanied by blast beats once and awhile.
Yeah, okay. Whatever you say.

Peroxyde (http://www.myspace.com/peroxydemusic) We were actually not that bad. We had a semi-good following locally. BOAK's original singer, before the one who killed himself worked with my buddy in my hometown.

Also, FiA are going out on a US tour with Your Memorial and Sovereign Strength, and they're donating all the proceeds. Respect.
http://www.facebook.com/hopeforthenationstour
That's sweet dude.

And yeah, that tour sounds cool. I wanna go to that if I can find it somewhere close.

Amuro Jay
10-28-2011, 04:21 PM
We talked about these guys a bit in the deathcore thread in the beginning of the year.

Solid stuff. I've always thought they sounded like TTDTE meets The Contortionist.

synestershadows
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
We talked about these guys a bit in the deathcore thread in the beginning of the year.

Solid stuff. I've always thought they sounded like TTDTE meets The Contortionist.
That's a good way of describing them. I can't wait for a full length even though their EP just came out.

technicolour
10-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, okay. Whatever you say.

You don't hear the constant breakdowns/chug chug whenever there isn't some tech weedley-ing going on? It's seem like at the root level, they're the same, it's just that this band also adds a lot more technical (as in guitar techniques/speed) parts after the chug. Not that I'm trying to pick on this band, lots (probably most) of nu-metalcore, djent, and deathcore bands do this.

synestershadows
10-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I honestly don't see it.

technicolour
10-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Basically the over use of some meshuggah styled rythmed based chugging as a foundation for your entire song (or discography).

In gatherings it's basically the entire song, it's just difficult to notice because instead of just chugging an open note they use an actual riff(s). There's no timing on the facebook player, so I can't give you specific times when to listen to. Basically whenever there isn't a 2 step beat, or blast/fills.

datskramzkid
10-28-2011, 11:36 PM
^ You just described the founding characteristics of djent.

technicolour
10-29-2011, 12:32 AM
pretty much yeah

Magero
10-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Justin, I love you, but seriously... Comparing them to Emmure is pretty unlegit. They have a lot more going on in their music, and yes, there are a lot of Meshuggah based breakdown beats, but there are plenty of proper riffs, that just have a tiny bit of widdly in half a bar, there are straight up metalcore riffs, deathcore riffs, and yes, the widdlys and the breakdowns. But seriously... You can dislike it, that's cool, of course man, but c'moooon.... The song structure of Emmure? Take it from someone who has listened to all of Emmure's stuff a fair bit... They don't have a song stucture.

Levi79
12-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Let's not bitch about whether this band is great or not. It's quite obvious they slay.

Unfortunately they're going on a "hiatus". Which I find really upsetting cause they were just starting to make it.

Does anyone have the original EP from 09? (not Gatherings) If so, think you could give me a PM? I'm having a really hard time finding it anywhere. Even to buy, which I'd be totally down for if available.

Magero
12-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Let's not bitch about whether this band is great or not. It's quite obvious they slay.

Unfortunately they're going on a "hiatus". Which I find really upsetting cause they were just starting to make it.

Does anyone have the original EP from 09? (not Gatherings) If so, think you could give me a PM? I'm having a really hard time finding it anywhere. Even to buy, which I'd be totally down for if available.
Check your PMs.

Also, disappointed to hear about the hiatus. Was really hoping they'd put out a full length in the new year after the ridiculous winitude of the EP.

Amuro Jay
12-29-2011, 04:56 AM
Awww, hiatus? Damn. One of the few metalcore releases this year I enjoyed.