Life in Pictures

PDA

View Full Version : Life in Pictures

Gomorrah
11-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Haay guys,

This band, Life in Pictures has been broken up for a couple years and went on to form the more well known Hour of the Wolf. Life in Pictures, however, is a much better band that all of you should give a chance and listen to.

http://www.myspace.com/lifeinpictures

Go ahead and listen to 'All My Pirates Share the Grave'. Try and tell me the guitar solo ain't got some tasty yet simple licks, I dare yall. Sick riffs, awesome lyrics, singers got a great scream and everyone of my hardcore listening friends that I've ever showed this band too begged me to send them their full length album and all ended up falling in love with them. If you do end up liking the aforementioned track, go ahead and download their full length album 'By the Sign of the Spyglass'. Songs 1-6 are all amazing, 7-10 are all good too, and they end on an epic note with the last song - 'The Last of the Blind Man', absolutely kills it and is a perfect album finisher.

So please, any of you, at least give 'All My Pirates Share the Grave' a listen and take it from there. I promise none of you will be let down. Even if only one of you listen I will feel a minor sense of accomplishment in exposing another to the ingeniousness that is Life in Pictures because none of you would otherwise have an opportunity to get a chance to listen to this incredible band. Rest in Peace.

I look forward to your input :) .

P1ayingW1thF1re
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
YES

Life in Pictures is brilliant! By the Sign of the Spyglass is one of the best metalcore albums of all time, yet it's virtually unknown which is quite a shame. Top five, easily. Even after I stopped listening to metalcore I still enjoyed this band, and indeed I love 'em to this day. Props to you for spreading the word about them.

Gomorrah
11-02-2011, 11:48 PM
I love that you love them man. That album changed my life in high school and will forever be my number one hardcore/metalcore album of all time. I could literally go on for ages about them they had that much of an effect on me. By the Sign of the Spyglass is borderline a perfect album. Again, very stoked I found someone who actually knows and loved them in a matter of minutes after this post. Good shit my man!

Gomorrah
11-02-2011, 11:50 PM
And I wholeheartedly agree with you that it is an incredible shame that they aren't that well know. You're absolutely right about it being virtually unknown. No album that complete should have such a small following. I mean I remember hearing back when they played shows in their home state of Arizona that the kids went absolutely ape shit, but this band should have been way more than that.

MustangMan311
11-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Holy shit, I haven't heard this name in years. I had Songs From the Sawmill wayyyy back when. I'm going to have to listen to these guys again.

Gomorrah
11-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Songs of the Sawmill EP was good too, but it has nothing on By the Sign of the Spyglass. If Songs of the Sawmill was the only material you ever heard from them, be prepared to listen to an album that you may just listen to every day of your life for the next year :D .

P1ayingW1thF1re
11-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Holy shit, I haven't heard this name in years. I had Songs From the Sawmill wayyyy back when. I'm going to have to listen to these guys again.
By the Sign of the Spyglass right now! gogogogo
I love that you love them man. That album changed my life in high school and will forever be my number one hardcore/metalcore album of all time. I could literally go on for ages about them they had that much of an effect on me. By the Sign of the Spyglass is borderline a perfect album. Again, very stoked I found someone who actually knows and loved them in a matter of minutes after this post. Good shit my man!
Yeah, to be honest I think that I might be the only other person on this board who ever listened to the album extensively, let alone at all. I could be wrong though...

Gomorrah
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
bump..

refused9150
12-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Good stuff LIP was. I grew up with these guys and went to far too many shows to count. Still see them regularly in fact. If anyone is looking for the demos and rare tracks I do have them all. Even the demo made for Tim when he was helping them with By the Sign of the Spyglass.

A little trivia fact for you, the Saw mill is a real place in prescott but its not like a Venue or anything its one of their places, I want to say Calebs but I don't remember, thats where most of the music originated.