Tab Pro printing

PDA

View Full Version : Tab Pro printing

JDP1
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Is there any way to print the tabs out in tab pro? I just joined and don't see any way to do it. Thanks for any help.

UG Support
11-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Unfortunately Tab Pro doesn't provide printing option, at least as of now.

Tombo222
12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
They should look into this as soon as possible. It's great to have these really good tabs but if you can print them out to work on them it makes it pretty annoying; especially if you want to look at all the different parts along side each other. While it doesn't make it not worth the monthly subscription cost, it certainly annoys me enough every time that I contemplate canceling.

Alexander70314
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I agree on the printing issue. I think it would add a lot of value to this already outstanding program if you could print the tabs. I'm sure it has something to do with copyright and stuff like that, and the fact it would make the subscribtion fee higher if the option is to be available. I will gladly take on the added cost if this option is to be added.... and become a better guiter player :)

levcomstock
12-24-2011, 02:49 PM
This is crazy... has anyone figured out a way to print? I've tried everything....the tabs are amazing but worthless to me if I can't print :(

Grimnak27
12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
take screenshots then print them out?

meehanjm
12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
yeah, printscreen is an option, but how sweet would it be if there was a button that said "Print Score". Please work on a printing option.

gatgirl1
02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
definately need a printing option, soo annoying without it

katzhome
02-22-2012, 10:45 PM
it is truly ridiculous that you can't print the tabs out!

brennanpwoods
03-11-2012, 12:21 PM
imagine if someone signs up for a one month trial, prints out all of the tabs they want to learn and then stops subscribing. that is why UG doesn't allow us to print these tabs; they'd lose revenue. i totally agree it sucks, don't get me wrong. its just something i fear we'll have to live with.

ms005
03-13-2012, 01:35 AM

xxl700
03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
it is truly ridiculous that you can't print the tabs out!
http://www.progtours.info/zhangwei2.jpg
http://www.progtours.info/zhangwei3.jpg
http://www.progtours.info/zhangwei5.jpg

Mag~
03-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I really, really wish there was a printing option. I literally just spent 2 hours trying to convert the tabs to a pdf and print them out, but /nothing/ works.

ricthestic
03-28-2012, 12:36 PM
I understand the theory that if you could print you would print the songs you want then quit... but Songgster allows printing and I belong to them until just recently. When I bought my first three months from UG I assumed it would allow you to print and and assign the songs as favourites rather than have to type them in each time. Wrong!
So they are going to lose me regardless if I can't do these two fundamental options.

paddyirishman
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM
While UG gets its act together you can just print the tabs from within Power Tab or Guitar Pro (or Tux Guitar), which is where all of the tabs come from originally. Just download the highest rated "free" version of the tab from the main website and it's exactly the same thing as the Tab Pro version.

If anyone wants print-outs or MP3/MIDI exports from anything I've tabbed (that is, if you don't have access to Guitar Pro) just lemme know! I'm sure the other tabbers would do the same, or would at least permit others to provide the exports/prints of their work if asked. Where there's a will there's a way ;)

JoshShick
08-22-2012, 09:40 AM
They should look into this as soon as possible. It's great to have these really good tabs but if you can print them out to work on them it makes it pretty annoying; especially if you want to look at all the different parts along side each other. While it doesn't make it not worth the monthly subscription cost, it certainly annoys me enough every time that I contemplate canceling.
Completely agree!

HitmannD
08-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Absolutely, how ridiculous, the ability to print tabs is crucial. I don't want to sit in front of my computer to play a new song, I sit in front of the computer enough at my job already. The whole reason why I paid for it was to be able to print them and play from the tabs without having to actually memorize the parts. I just wanted the multiple instruments and higher quality tabs than the ones normally found on Ultimate Guitar. Was a guitar player actually consulted when designing this app? I bet if the design team actually did consult a guitarist, they would have said "put a print button on there you moron, nobody wants to learn music in front of a computer!" It's quite probable that a guitarist did say this, but the money junkies at Ultimate Guitar got in the way of that decision.

Furthermore its not like this is stopping people from printing tabs, I've already printed out quite a few songs. This crucial design flaw just makes it annoying and time consuming because you have to print each screen individually then crop it in a photo editor to remove the midi interface. I don't give a damn about the MIDI, it sounds terrible. Do you have any idea how much time I've spent trying to get around this stupid design flaw just to be able to hand out music to my friends when we get together to play? Its hard enough to get the group together with people working 60 hours a week to make ends meet, and having wives and kids.

If you don't want people printing out an entire library of tabs, then ending their subscription, put a goddamn limit on the number of musical pieces you can print in a day! 5/day seems reasonable.

Very disappointed and thoroughly pissed off,

Tim T.

budaroo
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
What a bummer, just signed up for the 3 day trial. I'll definitely cancel before the 3 days.

finepoint
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
You cannot print with Tab Pro either.

pippolo72
12-20-2012, 08:35 PM
What a bummer, just signed up for the 3 day trial. I'll definitely cancel before the 3 days.

Same here...

ConcertShooter
12-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Figure out a print option on tabs. I won't be renewing my subscription unless this issue is dealt with as it's really the only reason I subscribed in the first place. However, I've found other sites to obtain tabs that I can not only print but also run through various programs that don't require a subscription or that I have to purchase.

The lessons and other such helps are nice but I can get most of that on Youtube. No reason for there not to be a tab print option. As someone that creates domains and websites this should be a no brainer for the admins here.

Just do it.

AvengedReno
12-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Why don't you all try tux guitar, it's free. It supports guitar pro tabs and you can print them

silkythegoat
12-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Wise Up for Christ's (no offense intended) SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :peace: :peace: :peace:

AvengedReno
12-27-2012, 04:02 AM
was that directed at me?

Cattleya
01-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Why don't you all try tux guitar, it's free. It supports guitar pro tabs and you can print them
how?

AvengedReno
01-13-2013, 06:55 AM
how what?

Bloggs123
04-12-2013, 12:04 PM
you need Tuxguitar (a tabbing program) and a pro subscription. Search the tab you want in ultimate guitar and find the version that says 'guitar pro' and click on it (NOT THE VERSION THAT SAYS 'TAB PRO'). Download the tab and open it in Tuxguitar and print what you like :)

flexitim
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
also you can print from songsterr, which has substantially the same tabs. Not sure if you need the subscription to print (since I do have it), but even if so, it beats this.

rehtaehmoon
07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
imagine if someone signs up for a one month trial, prints out all of the tabs they want to learn and then stops subscribing. that is why UG doesn't allow us to print these tabs; they'd lose revenue. i totally agree it sucks, don't get me wrong. its just something i fear we'll have to live with.

You wouldn't make printing available to people who are on Trial but perhaps people who are signed up for an automatic withdrawal of th fees from their bank account each month. Ultimate Guitar should still work on a printing option, there would just be restrictions etc.

cliffarmstrong
08-12-2013, 08:11 AM
seriously!!! I signed up for 6 months what a con- they need to sort the print option out asap!! :(

steen3
09-26-2013, 01:28 PM
I just want to state that I do wish I was able to print tabs, maybe even just make a feature with 1 print per day etc if your deal is that people wont subscribe for long.

pat2e
09-26-2013, 04:21 PM
You gotta be kidding me. I was already able to view tab pro files with my other UG purchases and I just purchased Tab Pro for iPhone and there's no way to print? It's pretty much useless if I can't print.

Briwad
10-02-2013, 05:55 PM
The print thing is a bit irritating... but at the end of the day it's a tool for learning and it works quite well. I generally purchase the sheet music if I feel I need it which is fair enough...it only costs around 99p if you shop around and they are loads better than most of the inaccurate self penned free stuff.

oldguitarman
12-22-2013, 07:34 PM
ditto on the no print issue!! Kinda stinks :mad: not to be able keep them as reference material when you go somewhere to jam!

jjbrower
12-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I see these remarks are old, but just in case anyone is still looking on printing the tabs---in Windows (I have Win 8) I held down the control (ctrl) key and hit the letter C, then went to Word and held the ctrl key and hit the letter V, it did copy and I printed from Word. The only issue is you may have to copy a apge at a time. I hope this works for you! jjbrower

jjbrower
12-29-2013, 12:36 PM
There should be a way to print from Adobe but I HATE Adobe. These tabs are in Adobe and I cannot find the print key. I followed the instructions to find the print key but it did not work. If anyone has the print key (Icon) you should be able to print the tabs from there (Adobe)

jjbrower
12-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Oh, one more option---I used to be able to hit ctrl (control) P from the tab and it would bring up the printer name and just hit return (if your printer is set up correctly), now when I hit ctrl P it brings me to Preferences. I do not know if UG changed this so you could not print or it is just my PC, but it is another option you can try.....

mjzz288
01-06-2014, 11:33 AM
YES UG SUPPORT PLZ MAKE IT SO U CAN PRINT ... UNTILL THEN CANCLED AND ONTO SONGSTERRR !! worth the extra 75 dollars a year to print

anthonygwarre
02-10-2014, 07:53 PM
We need the print tabs option. There are truly no issues with infringement provided permission and proper royalties are paid. I would pay these in a heart-beat. Please improve this program because it is murder to use otherwise. Especially for us beginners.

UG Support
02-27-2014, 10:30 AM
We are currently working on it. The results will appear soon.

sgeg
02-28-2014, 06:06 AM
amen!!!

cyb3rblade
03-13-2014, 06:43 AM
How is the status?

kennyrangan
04-20-2014, 03:15 AM
Oh, but you can get a printable version of this discussion thread- that's rich!
Seems like UG has lost the plot. C'mon UG - give us print!

tyty803
06-23-2014, 09:34 PM
See above comment *bump*

mbkarner
08-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Same here. Printout capability should be standard. And while we're at it, remove the popup warnings when going full screen. And come to think of, why is there no option to also display the conventional music notation along with the tab? Lots of software does this.

Adam.Olive
08-26-2014, 04:43 PM
I think the easiest way is using Tux guitar:

This is slightly long winded the first time you do it but offers great flexibility at a low cost (practically free compared to the monthly subscription for guitar pro)

If you download the tab pro app (2.49 atm) on iPod/Phone/pad and favourite a tab for offline use it creates a midi file in the app folder on the ipod (it'll just have numbers as the name)
this can be copied to the pc using iExplorer. Then use the import midi option in Tux guitar ( an open source editer) to open it.

This gives you the full tab pro tab in multi-track format which can be easily edited, exported as a PDF, and can also displayed alongside the traditional score.

This provides a huge library of editable, printable, accurate tabs.

Apparently it is also possible to browse directly from tux guitar (useful if you don't have apple stuff/cba to connect them up) but I haven't worked out how to do this yet and i like the search interface, accuracy ratings and opportunity to preview the tabs that comes with the app

TabPro app: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tab-pro-largest-catalog-Interactive/id467102471?mt=8

Tux guitar: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxguitar/?source=typ_redirect

iExplorer: http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

danv67
09-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Yes, printing please... At least make it an option for the lifetime subscribers. Also, As mbkarner said, get rid of the pop warnings on fulls screen as well. Otherwise, great program.

lord_arokh
09-15-2014, 07:47 AM
How incredible is this.....

The first request has been registered NOV.2011 and till today - 2.5 Years Later - No improvements has been done.

Sorry but I think I'm in the wrong place. I had registered for Lifetime subscription but looks like it does not worth for it.