In The Presence of Colour - Progressive Metal (GP5, C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : In The Presence of Colour - Progressive Metal (GP5, C4C)

Emperor's Child
11-07-2011, 07:47 PM
WIP, this (part of a) song is something I started on no more than an hour ago, anyone think it has potential? (I get lazy at finishing songs :rolleyes: ), or have ideas for changes?

C4C of course

troyofyort
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM
yes I think after where you are so far have a chord progression with a straight eighth note rhythm for a chorus or prechorus either one. maybe even a lead/melody guitar part. Also add some cool drum fills to make drums more interesting.

C4C here : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493704

RedDeath9
11-08-2011, 02:22 AM
The intro is alright, and would probably sound cooler recorded. I was kinda iffy on the drums, until I realized that they too would sound much cooler when recorded. I liked the placement of the cymbal hits.

I was wondering where you were going with this next part. I really liked when you brought the intro back into it. Oh wait, it's not exactly the intro, but it has a similar feel. Kinda interested to see where you go with those staccato-like notes in 28 and 32.

Overall, it's a good start I suppose. But really, you're the only one who can decide whether it's worth continuing or not.

Shaharz
11-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Well...
Starts off nice, drums are kinda annoying but like RedDeath9 said, it will probably be better recorded.

The 7/8 part is good, I really like stuff like that, but you hear stuff like that a lot these days so I can't really say it's something special. I liked it better when the bass and drums kicked in with that intro-ish thing. That's great.

Not really much to say, I'd like to see more of it but from the 2 and a half riffs you have I can't really tell you if it can really go places. You're the one who has to decide.

C4C "The Sky Is Simply Low " in my sig if you'd be so kind :p:

RedDeath9
11-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Well...
Starts off nice, drums are kinda annoying but like RedDeath9 said, it will probably be better recorded.

The 7/8 part is good, I really like stuff like that, but you hear stuff like that a lot these days so I can't really say it's something special. I liked it better when the bass and drums kicked in with that intro-ish thing. That's great.

Not really much to say, I'd like to see more of it but from the 2 and a half riffs you have I can't really tell you if it can really go places. You're the one who has to decide.

C4C "The Sky Is Simply Low " in my sig if you'd be so kind :p:

You bastard, all you did was reword my crit :haha: :haha:

Emperor's Child
11-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by RedDeath9
You bastard, all you did was reword my crit :haha: :haha: :haha: At least I have a clear answer to what needs improving.

BKGMorley
11-12-2011, 07:51 AM
this is just like Porucpine Tree

Shaharz
11-12-2011, 09:41 AM
You bastard, all you did was reword my crit :haha: :haha:

Oh so now I'm not allowed to agree with you? You sonofabitch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM7atS4M27s)

And while I'm agreeing with people, BKGMorley is also correct. This does have a Porcupine Tree feel.

MetalCommand
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Intro riff is cool, too many crashes from the drums though imo. The 7/8 riff is also very nice. Personally I'd bring in the bass and drums back in sooner though, 8 bars is quite a long time without them, I feel the song loses some momentum. Anyway, I generally really like it, definitely worth finishing and turning into a full song.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500443