Until You Taste Like Rot (GP5 GP4 C4C) (Experimental/Prog)

PDA

View Full Version : Until You Taste Like Rot (GP5 GP4 C4C) (Experimental/Prog)

SOADisdabest
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey guys, this is quite a dark piece I wrote a few days ago I like most of it I think the climax might be a bit cluttered though, I'm wondering if I should lose the slides on the distortion guitar or maybe the chords on the other one? Either way, I'm keen to hear your opinion.

BloodReverence
11-08-2011, 01:40 PM
please lose the slides. they actually hurt my ears man, there's a difference between musical dissonance (the rest of the piece) and that part.

Otherwise though, I originally thought I wouldn't like it but if this had vocals I'd probably listen to it pretty often. It sounds really cool... other than those completely disgusting slides.

Rabbismith
11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
^^ LOL
but yea i second that... the song is nice but whoosh those slides, while maybe sounding good when actually recorded, just do not work in that setting haha

Shaharz
11-11-2011, 06:50 AM
I also think the slides are rather annoying.

Other than that, this was great. Made me envy you, since whenever I try writing stuff like that I really lose direction at some point.

Really good stuff

If you wanna C4C check out "The Sky Is Simply Low" in my sig

SOADisdabest
11-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Cheers for the advice guys, I've been listening to it without the slides and it's definitely much better.