help for an amazing last part

PDA

View Full Version : help for an amazing last part

Adrian89
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
hey guys, just finish some of my band's songs and I need a final chaos for this tune, Something very groovy and very sludgy, just got the base fot it but I ran out of Ideas, hope you can help us!

Of course c4C as always :)

atomic667
11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
MASTODON FTW just saw them live on monday! KICK ASS SHOW

Shaharz
11-18-2011, 04:16 AM
^ I really don't see how your comment is related to this. No one said anything about Mastodon Oo

Anyways, first of all I think you should add drums and bass. The tab loses a lot of dimentions without them.

I wasn't that impressed by the beginning. Nice riffing and all, just sounded like a bit of mess. Maybe drums will fix that... Or maybe you want it to sound like a mess, which is fine too, but I just don't think it works very well there.

The section that starts on bar 22 was much more to my liking. Kinda Opethy, dark and melancholy. That was great stuff.

The clean part that started on bar 80 was kinda repetitive and a bit boring. You should make it a bit different everytime, to keep the listener on his toes.

What to do for the next part? Hm... Maybe you should go with a kinda distorted version of the clean thing...
Tried writing something. didn't come out really climactic, but it is polyrythmic and I like it. If you wanna use it feel free to do whatever you want with it.
Oh and I took the liberty to add drums to my part :P

Adrian89
11-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Ey man! thanks for all! gonna try explain to you!
This is only 1 guitar plus guitar 2 when it comes so it lacks bass and drums, they enter at bar 6 with a groovy rhytm
and Bar 80 is where I want to introduce the new part, something dark and sludgy, the arpeggio is just a base!

Mean Mr Mustard
11-18-2011, 09:18 AM
^ I really don't see how your comment is related to this. No one said anything about Mastodon Oo
It's his avatar :p

Without drums and bass, it.s pretty hard to get an accurate look at how the song sounds. I would recommend you put them in, but Ill listen to it regardless. The main riff that comes in at 6 was totally badass and I enjoyed it a ton. Part at 25 was good too, definitely see the Mastadon influence. However, you need a better transition, you cant just have one bar of silence, unless theres a bass or drum fill there.

Anyways, the riffing is solid from here on out. At the outro section that you need, I guess I had some ideas, they involved building off of the clean guitar part before that. All my edit needs is a kickass guitar solo. I just kinda threw one in, but its sorta off in some places. Tell me what you think! Id do more, but I have to go to school now :/

EDIT: Oh and if you use my idea, then you should make the drums go into double time at the guitar solo. And then for the ending, just have it fade out or have the 2 guitars end on an Em and then have the solo guitar do some crazy lead or something

Shaharz
11-18-2011, 10:16 AM
It's his avatar :p

Oh

Adrian89
11-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I have to apologice for drum and bass issues, but usually I only tab guitar for my bandmates.
first part till arpeggiated riff goes with a sinth, bubbles in the ocean ( it's a song about Chtulu for our lovecraftian EP) and last written part goes along with noises and other guitar, so this version is pretty basic, gonna try to upload all the sounds but IDK to write drums here