Eulogy (Progressive Orchestral Rock, GP6) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Eulogy (Progressive Orchestral Rock, GP6) C4C

aceral1715
11-24-2011, 11:18 AM
So it's been a while since I've posted any of my pieces on UG (well over a year, in fact!), but I thought it might be a good idea to get back into the habit of getting crit on my pieces, because it really does help me develop my style!

This piece is called Eulogy, and it's the final track on the album I'm currently working on named 'Chaos Theory'. The piece has heavy focus on the string section, and in contrast to my last EP that I'd composed, very little emphasis on the guitar until closer to the end of the song with the guitar solo and such.

Unfortunately, due to the piece being instrument heavy with 3 guitars, a bass, drums, 2 violins, 2 cellos, 2 flutes, a trumpet ensemble, and a vibraphone, I can't upload it to the forums, or export it to GP5 or MIDI and have it sound anything near what I intended.

I do, however, have an MP3 recording of the GP6 version uploaded onto my SoundCloud account, so if you don't have GP6 and would like to listen to the piece, just go here (http://soundcloud.com/riffmeister) and it's the last track on the 'Chaos Theory' album!

Anyway, without further ado, have a listen to the piece, and I hope you enjoy it!

(Also, C4C, just in case you hadn't already assumed)

BloodReverence
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Really liked it man. I kinda let it play and just had it going in the background while i did my other stuff but there were a few moments that i had to kinda just stop and think "holy shit, this part is sweet."

There's the one part that (i think?) the bass is going in either a 7/4 or 3/4 to 4/4 rhythm that i really liked. It's the part at 3:40. It sounded a lot like something Tool would play which is sick.

Then the solo closer to the end was really well placed and has some pretty sick phrasing.

Overall, pretty good job man, I just wanna hear an actual recording!